1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow Insurance / Landscape Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Bill Grey, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Bill Grey

Bill Grey Member

I have access to a carrier that just reopened it's market for Snow removal operations. Like the rest of the carriers out there, there are of course restrictions.

Gas Stations
    Public Roads
    Box Stores

You must have a commercial auto policy on the trucks used for plowing operations and the liability limit on the Auto and the GL must match.

If your operations don't include any of the above and you'd like me to explain more, please give me a call and about 10 minutes of your time. Please do not ask me who the carrier is over the phone. It's an A rated carrier I can assure you.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  2. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

If I didn't plow any of the above I'd be out 1/2 my customer base
  3. Bill Grey

Bill Grey Member

This is just another option for a lot of guys. Not everyone does all that type of work. A lot of guys do a few small lots, a church, a medical complex, etc.
    Every carrier is different. This is just what this particular one is offering.
    Don't shoot the messenger. :gunsfiring:
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I asked on lawnsite as well but, why all the no's ?
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Old people in the way.
  6. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Why don't they just say " NO commercial businesses" instead
  7. dwuscold

dwuscold Junior Member

Does anyone know of any commercial snow insurance carriers for new jersey? That will cover boxstores , condo associations?
  8. Bill Grey

Bill Grey Member

Look up Mills Insurance. He's online and in NJ. I know for a fact he has snow programs. He's supposedly the contact guy for the program that ASCA put out.
    Good luck............