1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow plow hookup info

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by headviking, Sep 22, 2008.

1. headviking

headviking Junior Member

Hi all...vary new to the snow plowing thing..Anyone know where I can read up on the list of equipmeny/parts that are needed to install a snow plow? I mean all the sections of a snow plow system and there locations, aswell as there proper names.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Which plow?
  3. headviking

headviking Junior Member

I was looking at the western ultra mount. 8 1/2 ft blade. I was told that an 8 ft blade is too small for my truck (F250 Diesel, crew acb with an 8 ft bed).

4. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

You would be fine with an 8' and could go up to a 9'. Application guide says you could go as low as a 7' 6" plow but dont think I would go that small. Just dont load up all your buddies in your crew cab to go plowing.
  5. headviking

headviking Junior Member

Thanks for everyone imput and help
  6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Just go to the Western website and you can download all the manuals you want or need.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Go to my website the banners will take you to all the major manufacturers technical library