1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow for a 2002 s10

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by bradman0087, Oct 25, 2007.

1. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

Well i purchased a 2002 Chevrolet s10 Crew Cab with the Zr5 about 2 months ago. I am considering putting on a plow. This is my 1st four by four so how good are they in the winter? will my s10 even handle a plow? i saw the snow way 22 series i believe i need something light as i have factory suspension. I dont want to tear my truck up should i just not get a plow or what. What is this about down pressure distributing the weight to the rear axle? does that help? Thanks for your help. im a newbie.

2. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

snow way doesn't recomend or make a plow for the ZR-2. Something about the skid plates?

But I may be wrong here.

3. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

Ok but what about the Zr5 in a crew cab? THats differnt than the Zr2. Brad

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

bradman0087,

Our 22 series plow would make an acceptable application for your S-10 ZR5. You can find all the info on our website, http://www.snoway.com .

Just go to the bottom of the page and click on the App Guide link and select Chevy light duty from there. If I can be of any further assistance let me know.

5. tjthorson

tjthorson Senior Member
    from IL

I concur with Tom - I had my Sno-way on my 1994 S-10 Blazer and it plowed awesome! You can't go wrong with that combo, IMHO. I have since moved my plow to my Jeep Wrangler....