1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow plow for '93 YJ Wrangler

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by mechdc, Sep 9, 2008.

1. mechdc

mechdc Junior Member

I need advice on the best Snow Plow option for my '93 YJ Wrangler.

I don't need anything too sophisticated, but I don't need Micky Mouse either.

Any help in this area would be really appreciated.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

One of the small 6 foot and sumthin fisher minute mounts. Idk if they still make them but you can get them used

4. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

snowsport! It works... And at <$1300-1500 cant be beat. Oh and if you can weld you can make an lift for it.

C.

5. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

I run a Meyer ST 7.0. Seems to be of a heavy duty construction and works great.

6. superiorsnowrem

superiorsnowrem Member

theres snow in california. I have a newer snow way with a yj mount I am willing to sell.

7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

drive pro meyers 7.0 ft dont get a snoway

8. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

How much do you plan on plowing?

9. mikemcp

mikemcp Junior Member
    from Chicago

Need a mount

I have a YJ, and cant find a sno way mount. Should I look at a different plow?

10. theplowmeister

from MA

Mike I dont mean to be an A** but I AM...

WHAT F___ good is a plow if you cant mount it:yow!:??? If you cant find a mount then you Better find a plow that you can mount.

OR
    When it snows you can go outside and look at the plow..... then look at the Jeep without a plow mount, then go back inside where it's warm and have another :drinkup: .:dizzy:

11. mikemcp

mikemcp Junior Member
    from Chicago

Well, plowmeister, it wont snow here for at least a month or so. I was asking the question in hopes of getting suggestions as to where i could find an old mount. Or, if they are very rare, should I maybe look towards a different brand that is more common. I didnt ask for your smart comments, I was asking for honest advice from people in the industry. Keep your nonsense to yourself if thats all you have to offer

12. theplowmeister

from MA

I have plenty to offer So... you want to know where you might find or get a lead as too where to find a mount?

13. mikemcp

mikemcp Junior Member
    from Chicago

"I was asking the question in hopes of getting suggestions as to where i could find an old mount."

14. theplowmeister

from MA

Snoway is a sponsor of Plowsite, have you asked Snoway (not a dealer but the manufacturer). I know its hard to find a Fisher mount for the YJ. That frame was last made in 1995, 14 years ago.

craigslist.com? around hear we have thewantad magazine for used stuff. nothing in thewantad, maybe you have a similar mag.

15. mikemcp

mikemcp Junior Member
    from Chicago

Please Email me, mcpherson010@hotmail.com

16. hobbyjeep

hobbyjeep Member