1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow plow equipment

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by alex93, Oct 18, 2011.

1. alex93

alex93 Junior Member

So i decided that i wanted to start snow plowing. I have never been in this field and i know nothing about it. So i was wondering If i have a truck what would i need to buy? I know I would need the plow, but are there mounting brackets? What do i need electrical wise? and also if there is anything else I would need to know?
    I will be plowing with a 1999 chevy silverado 1500 4x4.
    Thanks

2. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

Plow, Mount, wiring, and controller. if needed a salter.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Insurance.

4. patrickpage21

patrickpage21 Junior Member

most important!!!!

5. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

Some 2x4's for the blade. a couple 4x4s stuck in the front bumper. And a rope tied to the mirror to pull it up and down.

6. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

I second the insurance and add a business license and Federal or State tax number. Get caught and gig is up....... have an accident and your insurer is not going to cover you....... go back to square 1 and rethink the plan. There is a whole lot more to snow removal than I have a truck, what do I need to go with it.