1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow Dolly's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by silveradoatv, Dec 28, 2003.

1. silveradoatv

silveradoatv Junior Member

Anybody have any insight to these Snow Plow Dolly units that are for sale? I could use one since I like to store my plow off the driveway when its not snowing. This dolly may work better than driving over the lawn and leaving tire marks. Does anybody have any experience with these? Any better than others? I am particularly interested in a dolly that can roll the plow over grass. Thanks.

2. Greensway

Greensway Member

Here's the 1st. time that I used mine,, rated for 1200lbs.:eek:

snowdollies.broken 002.jpg

3. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Boy Greensway those are nice, you should have given him the brand name so he could get a couple pairs of those. I hope you returned them and got your money back.

4. Greensway

Greensway Member

Returns

I was quite impressed with Garagetoys.com I sent them an e-mail w/ pictures last monday 12/22/03, and on Sat. 12/27/03 I had a check for the full amount. :)

5. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

That's good, at least they are on the up and up. You don't mind getting hosed quite so bad when they acknowledge the problem and resolve it that quick.

6. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Dolly

Greensway: You should have known that nothing stands up to a Blizzard 810. There are stronger ones on the market but they are more money.

7. gpin

gpin Senior Member

We use a dolly with the fat tires. We strap the plow on the dolly and block the plow frame with wood so it meets the truck.

8. Greensway

Greensway Member

I would really like to know where stronger ones are to look at.
    I am interested in being able to move the plow around the garage floor

9. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Try Northern tool Page 2 but there are other company's.

10. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

We use our pallet jack, goes right under the moldboard and makes moving the plows around very easy! More manueverable than a forklift, and only about $300 or less. We put everything heavy on pallets so we can move things around the shop easier.

11. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 Member

Greensway,
    I made mine from some channel iron, and welded the casters to the bottom. It works great for moving it around on a hard surface. I have a bottle jack mounted on the back, so I can easily raise or lower the A frame arms into postion for mounting. I've seen them advertised for @ $170.00+ but for @ $24.00 in materials (including the bottle jack), you can do it yourself. I'll get some pics on here when I get back today.

12. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I just use a Kubota to move my plows. I don't think any thing will roll over stone and pushing a 8 1/5 unimount over rocks Doesnt sound like fun.

13. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

Am I the only one that uses my truck to move the plow? I just mount it on the front and use it. When I am done with it I drop it off beside the garage, out of the way. What is the advantage of being able to roll it around? I think I am missing something....

14. silveradoatv

Crumm:
    I can't move my plow into a tight corner while its on the truck. Dolly's should make it easier to move the plow to a spot away from everything else. With a 16' trailer, two cars and other various things in the driveway, making the most out of the little cluttered area is most helpful.

15. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I am use to having acres of room for all my junk. I currently have 3 pickups, 1 Excursion, 2 plows, 1 cargo trailer, 1 canopy, 1 boat, ext...list goes on and I still have room for twice that much. I can see where, living in a neighborhood with limited space a set of dolly's would come in handy. I knew I was missing something now I know......

16. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 Member

Hers a couple of pics of the one I made from channel iron and some casters welded to the bottom. It works very well.

plow dolly.jpg

17. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 Member

Another one.

plow dolly.jpg

18. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 Member

OOPS!!
    Cant get the front pic to come on, but you get the idea from this one. The plow blade rests in the channel, and I have 3 casters that run under the blade, and one at the back end. I need to go back and put the rear caster all the way back. As you can see in the pic, the back has bent down a bit, but that was my stupidity in not putting it there in the first place. Easy fix though.

19. bushwoods1

bushwoods1 Member

This should do it. Pic. of the front

plow dolly back.jpg

20. silveradoatv

Thanks for the photos bushwoods1!