1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow plow dolly

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by somervillesnow, Apr 27, 2012.

1. somervillesnow

somervillesnow Junior Member

I would like to store my plow in an enclosure that I cannot drive my truck into. I can drive my truck next to it. Is it possible to set the plow down on a wheeled dolly that you could then roll into storage? I see products advertised, has anyone used any of them?

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Yes it is possible. Do a search on plow dollies and you should find what you are looking for.

3. somervillesnow

somervillesnow Junior Member

Do you have experience/product opinions?

4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Just make one out of 2x4s I made mine in a trianagle shape, obviously the straight piece holds the blade and I have it go to V just behind the jack. Over the V I reinforced it with a 1" x 8" x 12" board same up front on the 2 other corners.

The 2 wheels went up front and 2 went back by the jack. - wood was free, 4 casters from lowes was under $20

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Do what I did was I bought a set of snowmobile dollys from Northern tool.http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200485114_200485114

I went to home depot and bought some angle iron and used some self tapping screws to keep the plow from sliding around.I used a u-bolt to keep the leg on the dollyHere are some pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]