1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow Dolly

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by bean7654, Mar 22, 2012.

1. bean7654

bean7654 Member

Had some time today so I decided to make a dolly. Got the idea from another member on the site (cant find link anymore) Works great. Just dropped plow on it and moved it to corner of my shed.
  2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

It will make your life alot easier, good work.
  3. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Another option, but much smaller and what I use for my 5' atv plow are snowmobile dollies.. check them out here:

Usually can find them on ebay even cheaper. Put the ones with the indent under the cutting edge at each corner of the plow and the flat one under the part that attaches to your truck.

sled dolly.jpg
  4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

That is actually not a bad price, might have to pick those up
  5. bean7654

bean7654 Member

It already has, I wish I did this years ago!

I thought about these but I wanted two stands for the back so both legs can rest on them and also wanted all points tied together. I saw these and thought, what if one dolly hit a crack in the concrete and got stuck then the plow fell off. These are pretty cheap thought! I spent 50-60 to build mine.
  6. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

thank you, someone who didnt overthink it. lol. i see all these people thinking they need 5" channel iron and 4 horses to makea dolly. hell, just go get a pallet and bolt some casters onto it if ya wanted to.
  7. pabaker66

pabaker66 Senior Member

8. bean7654

bean7654 Member

Wow, for that price I should have bought one even just for the casters alone!
  9. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

10. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

I also ise these, been using them for years. Some of mine brole from the plow dropping on them. I just screwed 2x4's to the bottom to support them and they still work great.

11. Adamar

Adamar Junior Member

100 $ and two hours work

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  12. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That looks like it works pretty slick.