1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow plow disassembly repainting it

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by snowman123, Nov 9, 2010.

1. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

I have a fisher mm1 plow 8 foot that I am in the process of redoing at the moment. Everything is working out perfect except for the center pin that holds the plow to the frame that goes to the truck. I have no clue how to get this pin out. I have tried just about everything to get it out I think the problem is that the pin is a little bent and me hitting the bottom with a hammer isn't really helping much. I tried the jack didn't work. I really do not want to cut it as I have no money to replace it. if you guys can help that would be great thanks. The arrow is what I am talking about.

By the way this picture is not a picture of my plow but it is almost identical.

View attachment 82937
  2. nycpsd

nycpsd Junior Member
    from nyc/pa

If the bolt is bent that bad you may have to cut it. Go to the hardware store the bolt is only about 5 bucks
  3. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

I finally got it out thanks to all.