1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Plow Contest!!! Enter Your Ford SD Truck To Win $100!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by intlco, Dec 8, 2004.

1. intlco

intlco Senior Member

I see by the things you guys are writing that all you guys have become board because you have no SNOW!

So I've deceided to have a Ford Super Duty Snow Plow Contest. I will send the winner a check for $100.oo
    I have chosen Ford Trucks Only because most of you guys are bragging about your fords, and the guys who will judge your photos will be from the Chevy dealer in Montana. This way, the contest will be fare to everyone. Sorry Chevy & Dodge Guys.

To enter contest, you must follow these rules.........

1) Your Truck must be a '99 - '04 Ford Super Duty SRW F250 or F350

2) You do not have to have the plow on in the picture, the judges only need to be able to see the plow brackets.

3) You truck will be judged on how it appears as a commercial work truck and how easily and it can be seen by others, and how visible it is to the public.
    a) Does it have door decals or signs with name
    b) Does it have roof lights
    c) How large is the truck, how many passengers, crew, ext, reg cab.
    d) Will people in your city know whos truck it is when they see it
    e) The truck should look professional, not jacked up.

4) The truck should be clean in the photo as it will be judged on condition.

5) The truck can have any ENGINE!

6) The winner truck must show how it is used year round for work. The truck should show that it is used about 50,000 miles a year for work.

Don't not enter your wife's truck, or a truck that you take to the grocery store or mall. This contest is for COMMERCIAL FORD SD ONLY!!!

You can post photos here, on the message board, describing the truck your entering.
    I will also accept photos by email from guys who don't use this board.

The contest photo deadline is Thursday night.

Friday, I will take all photos to the chevy dealer judges and on Saturday, I will post the name and photo of the winning snowplow truck.
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

This looks fun, I wish i had a ford.
  3. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

how many trucks actually meet all those critiria?
  4. looks like i cant enter, i meet all qualifications except i only put about 20,000 a year in miles on it. :cry:
  5. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

50,000 quite a lot of milage lol
  6. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

I win already!! lol

Doubt this setup can be beat, even though there are some nice rigs out there :nod:

7. qualitylawncare

Just rolled over 12,000 miles.. I got it alittle over 2 months ago, so I'm putting about 5,000 miles a month on it which would meet your criteria.

Thanks for your consideration! :waving:
  8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

50,000 miles/yr. is way to many. No time left for work!
  9. ToolMaker

ToolMaker Member

Sweet truck !!! Quality lawn care , what motor do you have ?
  10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Forgot my manners.
    That is one great looking Ford Steve :drinkup:
  11. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

50,000 miles is ridiculous. :nod: You would spend all your time driving and no time making money payup I would lower the mileage requirement
  12. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Here you go intlco

13. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

Yes intlco, I'm bored

14. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

we haqve over 19 sd trucks and none have over 50000 miles on them .they range in years from 99-05. most of these trucks dont travel more than 5000 miles a year so I guess that we are disqualified.
  15. qualitylawncare

5.4 V-8 Auto
  16. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I would like to see chevys or dodges with this mileage also.BTW I don't even put that much mileage on any of my 6wheelers or semis. Unless the truck is a tow truck or ambulance that mileage requirement is ridiculous
    2004-50,000 miles
    2003-100,000 miles
    2002-150,000 miles
    2001-200,000 miles
    2000-250,000 miles
    1999-300,000 miles
    does this seem just a little excessive?
  17. intlco

intlco Senior Member

Qualitylawncar & ZamboniHDB, NICE TRUCKS!!!
    I'm sure them truck judges are gonna be impressed! With trucks like these, them chev guys are gonna have a hard time chosing a winner. You guys put some $$$ in them rigs. Great Job!

The dealer judges told me to go with 50K figuring that was average miles on a comm work truck. Maybe we should drop it to 30K a year so we get more trucks to judge.
  18. qualitylawncare

My lawn maintenance business is based about 60% on large acreage accounts. I travel 150 miles each way, every week to mow a horse farm and thats just for one of my large accounts. The account brings in right around $8,000 per visit and takes 6 guys a full day, sometimes 1 1/2 days to complete.

We leave between 3:30 and 4:30am so we can stop, eat, and be ready to mow when the sun comes up.. On the days we finish that property in one day, we get back to the shop around midnight -1am..
  19. intlco

intlco Senior Member

The sales guys who brought up the idea of a truck contest are the ones who deceided on the mileage. I think they feel it is normal amount because most trucks here get about 100k a year.
    My 2004 is about 3 months old and it just turned 30K today. My 03 Ram has 180K on it. And some of my friends got 150K+ on their '03's
  20. qualitylawncare