1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"Snow Plow Amusement Park"

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mac3897, Jan 8, 2004.

1. mac3897

mac3897 Member
    from MA

How is this for an idea? You can tell I am getting a bit frustrated with snowfall (or lack thereoff) this year.

I propose some kind of "Snow Plow Amusement Park" kind of like a ski area with huge snow making machines. It can have a big parking lot, maybe some rusted out old cars to plow around and some winding roads with hidden obstacle like storm drains and speedbumps. We can all pay $xx per hour and have some fun, take out some "where is the reall snow aggressions", test out new equipment, practice new "techniques" or just watch the paying plower play.

It can have all of the major brands of plow to "rent" for the day similar to skis. We can even rent out Loaders and or dumptrucks.

Do I have any investors???? I think $100,000 from each of you should just about cover the starup costs.

Mac

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

maybe to test equiptment, but after 4 days of plowing almost non stop, it gets alittle tiring. now its time to rest, until the next storm this weekend. :D :D :)

3. sos

sos Member
    from NE Ohio

$100,000 Sure that's pocket change, I'll just dig a little deeper in the drawer and pull you out a 100% pure, fresh written check that's made out of rubber.:D It would be neat to be able to try out things like that. It's nice to do with lawn mowers!

4. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Thats funny. A plower PAYING to plow. What next teachers paying to teach:jester: BRILLIANT

5. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

along these lines, back in the 70's early 80's, Frink use to sponser a snowplow rodeo every winter for municipal plows, they would set up a obstacle course with mailboxes, poles, etc and with driver/wingman combo that made it through with the fastest time with no hits would win prizes. Was kind of fun:D :D

6. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Wonder how many guys said "screw the prize, let the mail boxes fly!!!"

7. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

You can pay me to plow my driveways if you want to :)

Pay me $30 bucks each and I'll let you plow them. K?

8. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Ratlover- answer to that question is, NONE. we can let the mailboxes fly any day of the week!!!:D :D

9. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

You guys are lucky......us parking lot guys only get to assasinate parking blocks, shopping carts, and the occasionl bit of shrubbery. :gunsfiring:

Customers dont like that thoght so I attempt to keep it to a min....not that people enjoy having thier mailboxes sailing into thier front yards or anything

10. Manx

Manx Senior Member

Oh Great Ideal, NOT

I love plowing, It pays well and gives me a little quality time with the truck
    But I have 2 other jobs,

I don't ever see myself paying to plow any thing in this life time
    I plow because out of all the jobs it pays the best.