1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow pics 12/19/08

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by 06HD BOSS, Dec 20, 2008.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Didn't get a lot of pics, because this storm was a beeoch to keep up with. Started flurrying around 12:45pm and by 1:15pm it picked up in intensity and there was a quick couple inches. Headed out around 3:30pm to get a jump on everything and by that time most accounts already had 4-6" on them...in under 3 hours! Snow finally wound down around 11pm. Making the 2nd round through everything untill 3am, some places that i hit a few hours earlier in the day had an additional 6" on them. Totals ranged anywhere from 9"-13". My backyard measured in at 9.5". I wish i got a pic of this ladies house where the street sidewalk was 25" deep...that was no fun. From 1pm till 7pm it was snowing so hard it was scarry to be on the roads. All in all it went good, no major problems, just a broken fence :rolleyes: (oops) and the lead wire came off my solenoid half way through the storm...that added 30mins to my schedule, no biggie.

First pic is 5 mins after the flakes started flying
    2nd pic is 20 mins later
    3rd is looking out the backdoor 20 mins after the snow started

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 06HD BOSS

3:30pm driving down the road
    the 3rd pic shows the visibility...you cant see it, but theres a building right behind those trees in all that white :eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome man...glad you got to a plow in!

I'm sure you'll start to get regular snows now..

4. 06HD BOSS

random......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

that looks about right what a storm !!!! at one point i barely can see 100 ft looks good good luck tomorrow payup

6. 06HD BOSS

the last couple, my worker next to my pile

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. 06HD BOSS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

nice pics, i had a hard time trying to see also. it was nice once it stopped snowing though. maybe we will get something in ct again sunday payup

9. 06HD BOSS

lol you mean in 12 hours?

10. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

what are they calling for :confused:

11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice pics dave, i thought ur helper was enzo?:confused: Is he still plowing?:p

More fun 2morrow!payup

12. 06HD BOSS

im waiting till the 6oclock news to hear, but this afternoon somebody said 3-6" and one said 4-8". starting around daybreak...we'll see.
    Enzo has all he can do to help himself LOL. i think he's at hour 26 right now LOL. :jester:

I put in just about 12hours and burned a full tank of gas and put on 110 miles. Thats roughly 4mpg lol.

13. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

nice pics, visibility sucked everywhere...
    the expressway in windsor has a light up sign " wintery road conditions" you couldn't see the sign and everything was white... you think there was wintery road conditions?

my f150 was 20 hours, 90 litres, and 180km, 2 km/p/L
    22.5 gal. 111 mi 5mpg

14. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

This pic was taken about 2pm, in Kingston, Ontario. It started around noon here, and we went until shortly after 4am. The snow let up around 12:30am. The only casualty of the storm was one wiper blade that i broke trying to bang the ice off.
    [​IMG]

15. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

15" - 20" in maine sunday???? WTF! I shouldn't complain, but holly crap.

16. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

I'll have to get some pics tomorrow. Forgot my camera for this one.

17. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

well i don't feel so bad now, i got 125 miles on a half of tank (30 gal tank) with my 93 cummins. ;). i thought i was doing horrible i guess not.

18. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Nice pics man....nice looking truck.

19. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

sure was a mess around town during the hight of the storm! I was out around 3:30 also. The berlin turnpike was a mess. My day was a bit busy even though I only have 6 driveways to do. lol. started the storm off by testing out the new to me plow setup at my work's parking lot. Everything was going great unitll about 5:15 when I was on my way to home for a pitstop. Kept watching the engine temp go up and pulled into advanced autoparts to get some coolant justin case. For the past month i've had to add stop leak twice because of a minor leak. I had a plans to replace the radiator this coming tuesday. lol. Walk back out to the truck to see steam coming from the area thats had the leak and the truck is just gushing coolant. Luckily Advance had a new radiator in stock, no one else did in the surronding towns. So let the engine cool off, fill it up with coolant and get home at 6 . Got the new radiator in and was back out plowing by 8pm. Sure was nice working on my truck when it was 20f outside and dark.. lol
    got home around 11:30 after helping a few people out, slept for 3 hours and was back out by 5am helping the boss clear the lot and finshing up.

I;m not complaining though. Got to plow with my own truck for the first time and loved every second of it. Didnt get to use the video camera like a planned. I was going to try and make a video of me an my boss using our fishers and send it in to the contest.

20. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice pictures! All weve seen is freezing rain and were supposed to get more later on Sunday morning.