1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow pay

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by weed guy, Aug 31, 2006.

1. weed guy

weed guy Junior Member

Anyone have any experience with paying your regular employees by the piece during snow season?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

More info please.

3. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

SDounds like you want to sub the job out for a set rate, much like your getting. I plow as a sub and would do that if the numbers were right. Just don't expect to get a 1000 for a lot and sub it out for 300.
    This can be a good deal as everyone knows what they will make every time it snows depending on depth.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have done that in the past. I have also paid a set fee for the year. The only thing you need to do is determine a set price either per hour or something you both agree on for break downs, no shows and if you get called out to fix inferior work. When guys are on minimums for the year there hours late and hours missed because of break downs are subtracted from their minimum if they don't reach their minimum.