1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SNOW out west!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim Baden, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Tim Baden

Tim Baden Member

Vail,Aspen and Snowmass Co.are getting 10"plus.
    I love my local stock car track but would love to be out there right now on a sled.
    All that deep powder in my face.:) :)
    My wife(BOSS)said what idiot wants to live where it snows in june(sometimes july)told her you married one.She laughed and walked away.LOL

2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i remember back when i lived in Littleton Colorado and the first day of school was canceled because of snow. and that is saying a lot because i think they only canceled school about three times in the 10 years i lived there. here in Omaha Nebraska they cancel snow about every other storm.and then wonder why the school year goes on until June 3rd.

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

We go until the 20th around here. Lots of snow days in Hilly New England.

4. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i just think alot of these school districts are going crazy i remember hiking threw 14" of snow to get to school and the snow was still falling now i see 4 or 5" on the ground and a little wind blowing and the kids are taking atleast a day off then the parents call in to their work and say they cant come in becuase there watching the kids.

5. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Its the parents that don't want the kids riding the buses to school. It the district has school, they are inundated with phone complaints that it was too dangerous.

6. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

The reason I am able to plow is because school is canceled so ofter because of snow. I would have to agree though with the parents complaining about their children having to ride on the bus when the streets are bad. I saw a bus pull out on the street when it was icy. The back swung out and went in to the other lane. Now instead of slowing down and try to regroup safely the driver jerks the wheel and whips that back end back the other way slamming the back wheels into the curb. Then he continued on his marry way. :eek: I don't think there were any kids in the bus, but if there were they would probably have been thrown from their seat. :dizzy:

7. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I had 7 snow days this year, I think we could have had school at least 3 of those days. Around here it takes about 6" overnight, that can't be cleaned up before school starts. Most of the time, if the roads are clear and the schools plowed then we have school.