1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Only Companies

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Patrick34, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Patrick34

Patrick34 Member

Are there many companies that do snow only? Do any of you guys concentrate on primarily snow operations?
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Patrick
    I am one of the guys here that only do snow. I do not cut lawns because there are so many guys cutting for 20 bucks a lawn. Beside's I play in the summer, gp flying, golfing and spending time up north. What part of Michigan do you work?

Regards Mike
  3. nekos

nekos Senior Member

i hope to some day get into snow only... i hate landscapeing :p

anyway snowsystems in chicago is snow only and they are the 2nd largest snow removal company in the US .
  4. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

We're currently about 70% snow. We also do sealcoating and striping and a little bit of lawn that we have left over.

We concentrate on snow for most of the year.

We're kind of the opposite of most landscape companies. We do things during the summer to keep our key winter people busy.
  5. flash

flash Junior Member

Snow Rates ...

Hello Snow Plowing and Removal Companies,

I need a helping hand, I have been a plower for some time but have been a subcontractor for others and actually can use help on bidding techniques on larger commercial lots.
    The going rates for subs to get paid on wheel loaders $150.00-$175.00 per hour ( with snow pusher mounted ), bobcats $75.00-$95.00 per hr. with snow plow blades.. / Pick up trucks average $75.00 per hour.

** I need as much help as you all are willing to give, I am in the chicagoland area, and wish to win seasonal snow removal contracts, I believe what all of us wish to sign up....

*** is there a sq. foot price ?
    how do the big boys bid like " Snow Systems " in the Chicagoland area is I believe the largest snow outfit.

*** Salting how much to charge...

*** Please help...if anyone is not my competition and you do not mind helping a guy out please do so....it will be very much appreciated !!!

Sincerely, TED:help: :) http://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/help.gif
    :help:*** if you have time ...I can be emailed directly @ flash.farms@yahoo.com....
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2006
  6. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Only Snow

Ya, we are only snow. Summer is too nice to work.
  7. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

I want to someday be able to do snow only:nod: . Like maybe fly in and plow and fly back to the beach.