1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow on the way for boston!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawn king, Mar 22, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

They are calling for 4-8 tomorrow night into thursday am if you can believe it!
  2. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

I can believe it, it's been that kind of year.

I knew if I took my light bar off, dismounted the plow, and removed my magnetic signs, another storm was all but assured. So, tomorrow I'll be more than happy to put it all back and get ready for one last run!!! :redbounce
  3. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I know I just cleaned the truck took off the plow also and took the weight out of the bed oh well I needed the workout anyways.

Have fun.
  4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think its going to stick too much, the pavement is warm now, the sun is strong and the storm will be taking place overnight with temps hovering freezing. It was near 50 today and will be in the 40's tommrrow and in the 40's thursday. I really hope it does not snow, I would like to start work outside. I guess I will have to put the ballest back in the bed tommrrow. Iam not mounting the plows until I see it actually sticking. I am not complaining, if I did not like plowing I would not be doing it but I could do without this storm. Id like to see what grass looks like sometime soon :rolleyes:
  5. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

I concurr. I would like to see spring too.
  6. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

We thought we were all done too. of course the weather channel said that it would snow this last sunday night. I put my plow on and felt like an idiot when it didnt do anything monday... oh well. i still get excited when it snows... even this winter
  7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

If it comes down heavy enough and during the night it will stick granted it will be a sloppy wet mess but it will eventually stick.
  8. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

A little more snow to keep the lawns I damaged covered through the Easter weekend would be nice.
  9. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

I wouldnt expect the snow to stay around long. Looks like the temps will be too warm. This had to be the worst year ever for the chicagoland. Not one plowable snow in feb. Jan was alright but that was the only month. I cant wait till spring and start getting ready for landscaping.