1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow on long island

Discussion in 'Weather' started by docsgmc, Oct 29, 2008.

1. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

i feel like the METS this is our year......payup......i hear its going to be a good one...:bluebounc

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Hope so. But we will have to wait and see, it sure has been cold though.:rolleyes: I WAS a Yankee fan.

3. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Hope it brings more than last year picked up a couple of new commercial accounts.:help:

4. Quality SR

Where on LI are you Blue?

5. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Would be nice. The weather has just been a little wacky this year. Would be nice for people to get off their keisters and send back signed contracts!

6. Quality SR

I have to agree there, it was cold. Now it is back up in the 60*'s again. lol. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

7. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Yeah, sure would be nice!! We are due and should be swinging back into the cycle either this year or next.

8. red07gsxr

red07gsxr Senior Member
    from meriden

it is exaclty what the farmers almanic said it would be. cold in october and mild in november. december mid to end is supposd to be snow events

9. Quality SR

Is this in CT or long island?
    We will have to wait and see.

10. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

How much snow do you guys get in the Port Jeff area? I'm just curious i'm there almost every weekend in the summer we come over from Stratford CT on my buddies boat.

11. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

According to the NWS, the average for our area is around 30" per year. Unfortunately, I think the last few years brought that average down a little.

12. Quality SR

I just came home from hunting upstate ny. It was cold and snowed just about everyday. Execpt for Friday night when there was a Tornado warning. I left this morning with snow flurries and 23* and got home and it is sunny and 44*. :realmad:

13. danknight60

danknight60 Member

god i hope so i need a new pump and a blade for my mayers.... if anyone wants to help me out till i am back on my feet i'll take good care of you i can do lots of auto stuff and install radio's strobes and more

14. chevykid

chevykid Member

looks like 8 to 10 this weekend boys

15. Quality SR

Hopefully, Where did you get this info from?

16. chevykid

chevykid Member

17. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

I love the weather people, I've seen reports for 3-6 Saturday with and additional 3-6 overnight into Sunday then I've seen a dusting turning to rain then Noaa.org doesn't even have any accumulation amounts.

18. chevykid

chevykid Member

yea idk how it could change to rain when the cold air is going to be coming in should be powder if it hits us

19. chevykid

chevykid Member

i got some light snow falling now a sign of whats to come hopefully

20. Quality SR