1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow on its way! Head Cold already here! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Moosehunter, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Howdy All...

FINALLY the forcast appears to be bringing some white stuff to central Minnesota with at least two shots of 2 to 4. And guess who has a headcold? :mad:

Calling in sick is not an option. What are some things that you folks have done to possibly lessen the pain while out plowing? At least it's a plow only contract... :help:

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Lots of rest before it hits and any cold medication that works. I find once you are out there everything goes fine as you are involved in the work at hand.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I've been told that this can't possibly work, but when I get a cold I drink as much plain, regular orange juice as possible. Usually a half-gallon within about six hours. But it has to be something like Tropicana Pure Premium. Not the concentrate crap. Make sure it's 100% pure orange juice.

Works like charm and has never failed me yet.

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Lots and lots of nite-quil......Rob

5. jreiff

jreiff Junior Member
    from MN

MooseHunter, was wondering what city you are from? I am from St. Cloud, well actually live in Clearwater. Actually looking forward to the snow.

6. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Hey there, jreiff...

I'm from a little town just a little bit west of the twin cities western burbs. Called Cologne. It's one of those-sneeze-and-miss-it places. I've fished your lake (Clearwater) quite a few times.... How's the crappie bite going?

According to the weather models NOW.... The metro area is on the southern edge on the projected track... I'd like to plow (need payup ) but it'll be a real drag with this dang head cold... You guys are looking good for a push in the next day or so....

Time for another shot.... Gotta love that Ny-Quil..... :dizzy:

Good luck.... Happy New Year!!

7. caz41

caz41 Member

Moose- sorry to hear about the cold, sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and fight through it. Looks like we are supposed to get about 6-8 up here on the range. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a good one...

8. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Howdy caz41...

Sorry if I'm sounding like a whiner. The last time I got a cold like this was years ago... I guess I'm a bit out of practice... I just saw the weather report and you guys are supposed to get all white stuff... Down here, near the metro it's going to be a real mess!! Sleet, freezing rain and a couple inches of snow as a kicker... And I thought this was going to be easy....

Good luck, stay safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

9. Zed

Zed Junior Member

my strategy

all winter long each morning I take a 500mg vitamin c and a 1,000mg echinacea. If it is going to be a long plow I make sure I bring some with me. Havent had a winter cold in years.

10. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

My friend Peter takes Vitamin C every day to. This guy is never sick and has the energy of a 13 yr old. He's going to be 46, I have a hard time keeping up with him and I'm only 34. He swears by Vitamin C and says when he doesn't take it he can feel the difference in the way he feels. Give it a shot what do you have to loose. Hope you feel better and make lots of money.

11. Moosehunter

Moosehunter Member

Thanks!!

Thanks for the advice and support fellas!! I'll more than likely be trying each and every idea. Got some decent rest :sleeping: last night even with the BIG party going on next door. I feel I'm on the downward leg of what ever it is I have. If I could just get the vise off my head, I'll be sittin' pretty.

As a side note.... I just had a call from my neighbor across the road. He tells me that his sister-in-law will be coming by my place a bit later with some home made chicken soup.... I ask you.... How cool is that? :D

12. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

13. caz41

caz41 Member

In my opinion it would be cooler if it were a whole bunch of half naked cheerleaders that brought the soup over. :nod: