1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow on friday, sun,mon

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by f350dieselemt, Dec 14, 2004.

1. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

hey im friom bergen county nj.... i heard we are supposed to get rain/snow friday and monday. and sunday get a wintry mix.... im hoping for some snow or at least something to go out and push

2. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Hope ? I think we are all past that, I think desperation is the word for it.

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

yup i heard just got more driveways im pumped

4. proshare

proshare Member

Snowing lightly here in CNY, But whats worth mentioning is the ground conditions have changed here...up untill early am today the ground was wet & soft & now the ground is nice and tight now due to below freezing temps.
    Winter is on its way :)

5. Boutallnite

I still think that it is just a late winter. It is going to hit hard later ( I hope)

6. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

We plowed last Tuesday and Wednesday, salted and sanded Thursday, plowed Friday and Saturday, had Sunday off and plowed last night, got 4" last night. Winter is here for us, seems as though it will not let up. Sanding to do tomorrow am and another storm on Friday. purplebou

7. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

How ya doin? Do you run any bobcats? If you do you might be interested in the Blizzard 810 ss for them. The combination of bucket and blade is great on commercial. Can be locked down and used for landscaping in summer.

8. Boutallnite

RidgeCon
    You don't have to rub it in. We feel bad enough already.

9. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

Snow

We got about 2 inches last night, in spots, didn't stick much on the asphalt though, it was dry snow, and blowing sideways at about 25 mph.

Up till now it's like spring time around here, so the ground is still pretty warm.

I hear from the weather experts that the north east and mid Atlantic states are going to have a bad winter, with temps about 3 degrees below normal, and snow fall about 25% above average.

If that holds true, then the next couple of months should be busy, it's gotta start stickin though, it's not how much falls, it's how much piles up that counts.

I've been holding out since last winter for a good old fashion NorEaster, the kind that blows for 2 or 3 days at a time for a couple of weeks.

10. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Possible Work

f350dieselemt,

I don't think it is going to amount to much. I am gonna call you during the week I got a call from a guy in Ramsey. Supposedly he has a small apartment complex that he needs plowed, and shoveled. I really don't know that many details about it. If you are interested let me know. I met the guy at a party and he is a Real Estate agent. He claims he can get a lot of work, but they all say that.

Anyway let me know if you are interested.

Jason