1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Melter Manufacturers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KThomas, Sep 24, 2003.

1. KThomas

KThomas Junior Member
    from Toronto

:help:

Hi everyone,

I am currently doing some research on stationary, portable snow melters (capable of meling about 300 tons of snow an hour).

I have done a fairly extensive search of the internet, with little to show for it. I already know of Trecan, but I need to find at least one other manufacturer that meets the criteria.

On a post from a couple of years ago on this site, I saw a photo of a snow melter from a company called MACAM, but I cannot find any additional information about it. Is anyone familiar with this company?

So, if anyone knows of any other manufacturers, or can direct me to someone who might be able to do so, I would be most appreciative!

- Kim

2. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Trecan i s the only one I've heard of and they were the only one a t the APWA Snow conference in Quebec. They are the main player in that field, and designed and built the big units for New York and TO.

Bill

3. KThomas

KThomas Junior Member
    from Toronto

:dizzy:

So, in conclusion, no one here has knows of another company aside from Trecan?