1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow melter info????

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jetcar, Nov 4, 2012.

1. jetcar

jetcar Junior Member

Hello everybody,
    First post, but hope to become a productive member of the group. I am looking for info regarding snow melters. Positives/ Negatives, etc. I have read some of the other posts here, but there does not seem to be anything recent. I welcome any opinion good or bad.
    The reason I am asking. We are in the process of building a prototype, for a new design melter. We have used our technology on a small scale with tremendous success, and are almost finished with a full size prototype. We are hoping for it to be compatible to the Snow Dragon 900 or Michigan 707 for melting rates. Now where we are unique, is we hope to be able to do this using only 6-10 gallons of diesel an hour. In addition, we believe we can produce these in a more economical manner than what is currently available.
    I look forward to your responses. We are at a point where we can add, subtract, options, etc and am looking for professionals that have run this type of equipment. With your input, I am hoping we can build a better mousetrap.
    Thanks for your help

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Find Neige on here.He has some.