1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow management suggestions?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by jerseydrew, Sep 17, 2015.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

here is the best pic i can get of my driveway. traditionally i have pushed all the snow into the corner with the green circle. now i have someone living with me and they park their two cars off to the side where the green circle is. so i was thinking of back dragging away from the house and back dragging the parking area where the green circle is and then backing into were the side parking is and then push it into the lawn where the blue circle is.

what are some ideas that i may be able to use? i thought about pushing it across the street but my neighbor would have a conniption fit. so i would really like to keep the pushing limited to my own property. was also thinking of pushing it into the street and then over and up onto the side of the road in front of my house but the roadway isn't that big where i can get perpendicular tot he curb all that well.

2. pdreibels

pdreibels Member

Use a blower for that tiny driveway
  3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

while i am in agreement that this driveway would be easier with a blower i don't own one and do not want to go spend another almost $1k when i have a brand new plow on my truck already.
  4. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I agree with the above poster. Buy a cheap blower off Craigslist for your own property and use the plow for commercial use.
  5. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Put a pull plow on your truck as well. Pull the snow into the roadway, then clean the roadway and windrow the snow onto your terrace.

You will then have added an excellent implement which then can be used in your plowing operation. You won't reget it.