1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Man Plow

Discussion in 'SnowMan SnowPlows' started by A & E Property, Jul 10, 2007.

1. A & E Property

A & E Property Junior Member

Thinking of buying a Snow Man back plow for both residential & commercial work and was wondering how well they hold up and what kind of break downs happen.

2. KeeblerBP

KeeblerBP Member

I see that this was posted a month ago but I'll give you an answer anyway. I have used mine for 2 seasons now. The only problems I have had are the pump came loose from the bracket but that was my own fault for not checking it during the season. I was also the one who put it together so I can't blame anyone else. I also had a problem with getting the power cord plugged in far enough to make a good connection. I'm not really sure what caused the problem because it never happened until the second season. I just pushed them together really hard and used a plastic wire tie to hold them until I was done plowing. The next time I hooked up to the plow it wasn't a problem. These plows are a big time saver and I would recommend them to anyone. For me I use it a lot more on my residential driveways than my commercial accounts but it does come in handy for both.

3. SuperPlow Guy

SuperPlow Guy Inactive

SuperPlow

You should also consider a SuperPlow. www.superplow.com Plows both directioins forward AND reverse unlike others.:cool:

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

super plow guy

how many horsepower or truck weight will it hold up to, i have a 2 1/2" reciever do you make one to fit, i dont do many driveways but we have one machine (usualy a tractor with front and rear blade) that is only on driveways but i need him sometimes to bust ice so we could put a truck on drives and keep tractor on good money (lots) so i guess what i am asking is how much can it be bought for i need something like a 7 or 7.5' or smaller just to keep accidents less likely i would like a price not msrp

5. Little Truck

Little Truck Junior Member
    from Indy

The SUperplow does not seem to have a power angle option? I want that.

6. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth Junior Member

A real time saver. Totally recommend the commercial box pull plow ( sc i think ) if you already have a front plow. You won't regret it. I am always being stopped and asked about it. It makes most other contractors take notice when I Arrive Plow and Leave while they are still back dragging their driveway. The hydraulic down pressure is awsome for getting things clean. It does take a driveway or two to get used to it, but not long. Cheers!

7. snownj

snownj Junior Member

We like ours. Only problem so far was loosing pins from the connectors.

8. TreeGuy22

TreeGuy22 Junior Member

A & E, the major problem I had with mine was when I cooked my motors. This happened because the hydrolic fluid that I had in them was not ment for a sever Western Canadian cold snap with -50c windchill. We overworked them with frozen fluid. Our fault.

Pretty crappy day in those temps when the plow goes down...........that warm truck was alright up until then.:rolleyes:

Tree

9. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

The Superplow is designed to backblade as well as pull plow. It pull plows in much the same way as your hydro-turn front straight blades. It will push backwards with the same capabilities of a straight blade just without the angle capability.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  10. barnold3784

barnold3784 Junior Member

i have a snowman rear plow forsale.Its in great condition and only used 2 seasons looking for 1500 obo contact me at Barnold3784@hotmail.com for info and pics