1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow log I just got done with

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by maelawncare, Dec 13, 2010.

1. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Seems like a lot of people are very protective of their snow logs. So i thought i would be nice and share one I just got done with. Its not perfect, but I ran out ideas. So if you have any to make it better let me know.

It is a static pdf. Which means you can either print it to use with a pen. Or if you have a laptop/netbook in your truck just fill it out as you go. The dates do fill themselves in automatically.

Now if only I can figure out a way to get this to work on my ipad :dizzy:

Attached Files:

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, I'm sure that there will be many guys that will use it.

3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

That's nice of you to do that. A little more detailed than what i use, but you know how some customers are

4. EvenCutLawnCare

EvenCutLawnCare Senior Member

I like that, looks like you spent some time on it!

5. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

Nice, actually very nice, would it be to much to ask if I could use this, This is pretty much what I have but made it in excel, not as pretty as yours

6. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

This is great, thank you for making this. It is the bet one I've seen yet. One thing I noticed is for me the date box doesn't work. It won't let me type into it.

Looks great though

7. maelawncare

Thank you. Yes the date box is auto. It puts in todays date, which ever day that is. That way you dont have to put it in on every one. I might change that later, but for now i like it.

I only spent about 3 hrs on it. I just havent seen a decent one yet that had enough info on it and was easy to use.

Use it all you want. I dont mind, that is why i posted it. If you have any ideas to make it better just let me know.

8. looks good, very detailed. One suggestion though would be a little bit more room for notes like maybe another line. I always like to write in exactly where I did or didnt do what, example being "plowed and salted driveway, Shoveled and applied ice melt sidewalk and porch steps, etc or unable to plow mailbox area due to vehicle being in way" etc. That way its in writing exacttly what was or wasnt done at that time and why. I have found this to be useful in many way -one thats pops to mind was a customer called complaining that her driveway wasnt fully plowed and I was able to look at the log my driver turned in and tell her that there were several vehicles in her driveway at time of plowing so he was only able to reach parts of it. Lol although amusing I would also find it hard to explain "hell froze over" to a lawyer/judge/jury should one of these logs ever be called as evidence in a liabilty case etc. IMO it just kinda lowers the "officialness" of the form.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  9. maelawncare

Yea I ran out of ideas for "hell froze over" I didnt want to just leave it blank. So I updated and literally left it blank lol. I also added a second like for notes. So now you can have 2 full lines of text in the notes.

Attached Files:

10. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

I like that! I love "Hell Froze Over"!

Thumbs Up You have my style down on that one lol!

Thanks for making one! I was about to make one because I have 2 trucks running now and I used to just take a note pad.... but my guys spell like 3rd graders and write like doctors! :laughing:

I'm going electronic next year to control my fleet from a dispatcher. We have GPS networked with a log that works like quickbooks and you can move around crews and vehicle info. It looks like it is going to be sweet. We have refurb'd tough books going in on ram mounts. The GPS is tracking the vehicles and recording so it works like a black box and the crew can write in customers if they get stopped doing driveways or walks and get another request. Printer/Credit reader combos are being hooked in as well so that we can do an electronic "work order (contract)" and take a card on file or insta-bill them.

I like your sheet as well I am going to add it to my first toughbook and see how it works. We will have the route window, Gps, IM (to dispatch/txt to me) window, and one for your form. If they don't use that form they don't get paid!.... Although I am taking "Hell Froze Over" and keeping it and adding a spot that you can select and fill in like you did on the second version, but have it be both left and right columns.

...Now to alter it... Add my logo... anndddd get five more toughbooks/ram mounts ussmileyflag

11. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

nicely done

12. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

nice.. I am with merrimac on the dates.. I just used a little whote out and made copies.. Thank you very much for making this. the one i was using wan't near as nice as yours.

13. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

its says you cant fill it in and save what you typed in... why is this, can you edit that?

14. AG09

AG09 Senior Member

Wow thats looks great. Much better than the one I created!

15. maelawncare

Dont know what your problem is. But it works fine for me so far.

16. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Good job, I like it. One thing though-It doesn't make sense to me that the time out comes before time in.

17. peterng

peterng Senior Member

nicely done !
    Thanks,
    Pete

18. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Yea It won't let me save it after it's filled out. Says you can only print it. Nice job.

19. maelawncare

i do not know why it wont save for you. After i fill it out it saves just fine for me.

20. CHasselberger

CHasselberger Member

Maelawncare, It saves for you because you created the document on your computer. Most PDF documents are read/write-only. Meaning you cannot save it unless you have a "full" version of Adobe. At least thats how I understand PDF documents to work. You would have to change it in the tool bar menu for other people to be able to save it. Then re-upload that version to the net. I think...