1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow is in the air......SOON

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowplowjay, Oct 1, 2003.

1. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Well I woke up today and checked out accuweather.

Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a flurry

and then I clicked to get the forecast for the next eight days after the original 7 that they usually list and:

Sunday 10/12: Snow and Rain, then rain High 47 low 27

Monday 10/13: Rain and Snow Showers possible High 46 low 27

Im singing LALALALALA LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!!!

:D

Jay

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Not for nothing but as much as I like to make money pushing the white stuff I would like to see a fall first and not go from summer to winter.Believe me it will be long enough.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Same here.While I'm really itching to get out plowing,most of our stuff is seasonal,and I could wait until winter should be here to see snow.

4. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

I still want fall also. I still have pool open. I keep it open until DEC usually but will close it around Nov. this year. I still have a large drainage pipe job to do and a concrete drive to put in. All at my home to make the wife happy. I promised I would do it this fall. If we don't have a fall I guess it really wouldn't be my fault if it don't get done. I hope she would see it that way. lol

Ray

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Its been a while since the white stuff has shown its face in my neck of the woods. I miss it a lot.:( soon enough we will be with our friend called snow:)

6. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

I have to agree on the waiting part. The best time of the year is fall.

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

not to mention the money from fall cleanups is crucial......

8. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

The last few mornings here have been pretty cold, with temperatures in the high 40s to low 50s. I wore a sweatshirt to work this whole week so far. I too cannot wait to do some snowplowing, but like the rest of you guys, a fall would be nice. It seems we go from summer to winter then back to summer. Spring and fall seem to "fall" through the cracks. Im just happier than a pig in poop that those hot summer days are over until next year. Mike :drinkup:

9. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

I got snowed on while cutting grass today. Not fun.

There was about 2" on the ground this morning east of here. It's supposed to warm up but not until next week.

10. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Once all the leaves are up, it can snow 'til April, but not before!:nono:

11. wyldman

wyldman Member

We had a dusting of snow just north of here today.Funny to hear it on the radio already.

12. yako

yako Member

it snowed for about five minutes here today. nothing like a little flurry to get the calls rolling in. the way i look at it is its not going to accumulate here for a few weeks im guessing. so if it snows here and there its just setting the mood. i still have to give everything a look over and tie up some jobs. but in a few weeks ill be ready and let it snow let it snow let it snow.

13. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Iam with the lets have a fall also never thought i could say this but i need the month of oct to get trucks put back together so yesterday when it was snowing like really hard i looked up and say what the heck iam i behind or is it just early its way early dont know what were in for this winter i dont belive in weathermen i belive you take whats given to you and do the best, however usally in my books that i have kept for 15yrs when we do see snow early in oct its always been a pretty good winter, The last time i seen snow in oct was winter of 00 and we plowed 19 times that dec oh well nice to come here and see other guys thinking the same way.

14. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Snowing here this am, wet heavy slushy stuff with thunder and lightning, just enought to cover the ground to 1-2 inches in the hills, the state was out plowing and salting this morning, pretty early for this.

15. wyldman

wyldman Member

Got up this morning and they were calling for up to 2 inches for just north of us,freezing rain and ice pellets for our area.It's WAY to early for this.

16. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

Snow here today south of Syracuse NY in the hills !

17. DanG

DanG Senior Member

On the news here they're talking about freeze & frost warnings for tonight and later this week. Lows in the mid to upper twentys in some areas.

It's way to early for this:) I still have lawns to cut and cleanups to do when the leaves start to fall.Which i'm hoping they'll start to do soon.

Dan

18. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Frost advisiory tonight for us too. We already had some frozen precipitation today!:cool:

19. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Seems like the same thing happened last year too. The first snow out east fell before everyone was finished doing leaf removals. Made for some interestng conditions with frozen leaves underneath the snow...

Hopefullt it holds off at least a month, if not until december for us, got to have some time to get the fall stuff done before winter comes along!

20. 90plow

90plow Senior Member

Snowed here in Bloomsburg for about 10 minutes today big flakes. Tonite its supposed to get down to 20's its getting cold fast. Good for guys with plows I'm still looking for an 8'6" Uni or ultra if anyone wants to sell one. :waving:
    Eric