1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Is Comming In Ontario In The Morning

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Daner, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Weather forcast says that we have 3 days of snow in a row up here in the so called snow country
    Let us know when you see some
    Freezing rain is just over
    There is 1/2 inch of ice on my truck and the ground
    Febuary is coming in with a :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:

2. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

Not sure where in Ontario you are but they aren't showing any kind of accumulation over here.

3. rembrandt100

rembrandt100 Member

only mm of rain is what I see in the forecast.

Dave

4. Daner

I,M In Erin...and its just starting now!!! just fluries...but 4 days of it is expected...and the radar looks good
    Maybe the blade will hit the pavement this monthpurplebou

5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Nothing but rain here... but its my own fault--went out and bought salt in anticipation of freezing rain....

6. Daner

1 Inch on the ground now and still falling

1 Inch is on the ground now...and stilll falling
    Looking hard at the plow LOL
    Come on Snow:redbounce purplebou :yow!: :D

7. sonicblue2003

sonicblue2003 Senior Member

We have about 2" on the ground in Windsor. At least I got to salt this morning.
    Will probably go around with the plow later and clean it up. Supposed to go down to minus 3c tonight and the ice will be a problem.:bluebounc

8. Daner

Leter Snoowww

Still snowing here as i speak...Fluffy stuff...Yeeeeeeeeeep
    Hey there Sonic...Isee that your a Drag Racer
    :redbounce as well

9. sonicblue2003

Yep about 6 years now. I run at GBM. Do you run at TMP?

10. me1223

me1223 Member

nothing here is staying, but its been snowing since noon.:bluebounc :redbounce :bluebounc :redbounce

11. derekbroerse

I'm staring at rain, rain, and more rain, though it is starting to get a whitish tint to it...

I haven't been drag racing with the Beaumont since the middle of high school--1993 or so. Used to go to Cayuga, it was closest. We were supposed to get a big speedway built in Fort Erie but the city kept putting up roadblocks so the guy gave up.

My car was a basically stock 350 with headers, stock convertor'd TH350, 3.55 geared 12 bolt posi etc... about 4000lbs with me in it. Uncorked the headers... smoking the street tires past the 60' line netted my best time of 14.01 @ 98mph... not to shabby for a heavy stocker!

You guys are making me itchy!!! :D Lets see some pix of these cars! Since the weather is closer to race season than plow season, may as well make the best of it.

xbeaumont2 09_03 net.jpg

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

My 68, Dodge, Charger R/T440
    She is under there some where. lol

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  13. sonicblue2003

They call me...:cry: buttercup

buttercup.JPG

14. Daner

This is off the topic but thats ok...it may snow

Yes i run at T.M.P...Cayuga
    Ihave a 66 Acadian 522 Big block...Full Chassis car LOTsa GOODIES UDER THE HOOD BUT NOOO NITRIOSS
    bEST TIME LAST YR WAS A 9.20...iN THE 1/4 aT 148 MPH

She is all apart now engine /tranny doing a few things to it
    May go a tad quicker in the spring
    If you were down at Cayuga last summer you whould have seen me there...Cheers
    purplebou <-----------This guy love to go fast and he loves the snow:)

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Here in Buffalo it stoped snowing not much but with wind it looks like a lot.

16. sonicblue2003

Well, going to load up with salt. We do need snow. I'm spending WAY too much time on the computer.

17. derekbroerse

You guys are making me feel slow!! :dizzy: Oh well, couldn't make my daily wheels too hairy, needed to be practical to drive too! Now I can run the trucks etc. so I can build what I want.

Someday when I have some money that is... maybe if it ever snows... all my $$$ has gone into the biz for two years running.

There is a half finished 412" SBC with roller cam and Vortec heads for it out in the garage.... car currently has a built 700R4 and 2800 stall... and there is a set of 4.10's out there too if I get motivated. Probably need to move to the 4L80E with that motor, especially if I add a bottle.

Right now, the 383 stroker in the plow truck is more powerful than the 350 in the Beaumont.... :dizzy: true...

Probably have to go salt tonight, the rain is frozen on the ground now....

18. SGLC

SGLC Senior Member

Well.....I'm in bed now lol....we got a dusting in Ajax and a lil more snow in Whitby but I have no saltings in whitby...so I'm done lol.

As for cars, I need to get a pic up of my 64 Riv with a 455 big block.

19. toolin

toolin Junior Member

Nice to see another guy from Windsor on board!!:drinkup:

20. derekbroerse

Bah, waste of time. High winds evaporated everything and the traces that were left melted in the sun this morning...