1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Is Coming To Chicago

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Waiting and ready,, anyone else???

2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

just a couple more sorry...

3. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Awesome setup. :cool: Wish we got some of that snow. :cry:

4. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Snowing pretty good here in Valpo, Indiana. Grassy areas is pretty much covered but unfortunatley the drives and roadways are just to warm. They are becoming quite slushy though so Ill keep my fingers crossed.

I think Ill go saddle the truck up just for shytes and giggles and see what happens!!!

John

5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Proboly the wrong place for this but ill try.. Weseem to have lost the holder for the hanheld cont. on the western plow. dealers dont have any, so does anyone on here have one laying around. Thanks Would rather not have to make one..

6. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Nice setup you have there. Just looking at the radar here and it looks like it going pretty good over there. Tornado watch out for the area here.

7. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Thanks young pup,, the ground is starting to turn white(the good stuff) i hope i get to plow tonight.. i will post pics if we get to go out..hope you dont have too dodge any tornado's..

8. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

BNC, you're getting the same storm that we had earlier only none of our snow stuck. The ground is to warm. Maybe you'll get to plow though. Good luck! :waving:

9. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

nice set up....

ya here in detroit we have some hail and very very windy.... snow should be falling soon!!!

10. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Snow is sticking here>>>>>

11. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Im was wrong!! The snow is heavier and is sticking to everything now. We have about 3 inches here and Im bout to head out and get my moneys worth out of that plow!! payup

See if I can get some pics later.

12. gmack616

gmack616 Member

lucky guys... its waaaay to warm out here on the east coast. its 60 degrees out right now and the forecast for the next 2 weeks is going to avg 50. gettin kinda scary, hopefully temps will drop like a rock closer towards the end of the december.

13. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Its getting slushy here. Ice is forming on the windsheild, cars are sliding on the road. I feel theres gonna be a few inchs on the ground before the night is over.

14. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Yea, we got about 2 inches of slush right now. Gonna hit the gas stations in a few but leave the rest alone. Everyone is closed for Turkey Day so I am not gonna waste my customers money. Although... It is supposed to stay below freezing tonight and not warm up again until late tomorrow afternoon :rolleyes: Hmmm. Maybe make a couple bux and not go too crazy.

15. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Well its about 9ocklock here and its done snowing it lookis like. Gonna go gas up on the dump and head out. There is about 2 inches of snow/slush on the ground right now. Ill take some pics. Good luck you guys. Be back tomorrow morning...Later...

16. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

friend of mine called me from joliet told there 6-8 inches would like to see some pics dam northeast 57 out here

17. Rhinohd

Rhinohd Member

Just got back from the first time out with my truck. I only had a few driveways but I got em done. I hope the guy I sub for will call tonight. Lets hope this snowfall sets a trend in IL!

18. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Plowman, how about using spellcheck and grammar? Your posts are always very short and unreadable.

19. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Me and my partner[​IMG]

20. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Best i could do. hard to take pictures of dark trucks in dark lots..