1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow in W.Md.

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mike33, Jan 28, 2007.

1. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

We finally got some last weekend 2" in lower elevations and 4" in the higher where i have a few accounts. It was pretty profitable for me because it was a long duration. I actually was training a new sub driver who will be working for me now. He just bought a nice boss 8' straight blade and it was the perfect situation to train someone how to plow of it lingering so long. We actually this past fri. had a blizzard condition in the higher places for a couple of hours , it wasent much of a accum. but everything had to be plowed twice due to the drifting.
    Mike

2. mickman

mickman Senior Member

Where you located in western MD? I've heard as much as 6+ in higher elevations tonight & Monday am. But I'm hoping we might generate an Nor'easter this Friday, but you know how unpredictable those storms can be { sorta like weatherman}

3. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

I live in Corriganville 2 mile west of Cumberland. I have 7-8 accounts in city, 12 in Lavale which is a different weather zone and remainder in frostburg which is real nasty ,
    Mke

4. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

We have around 1" here now at 10:00 pm maybe Garrett co. will get the 6 but i dont even think frostburg will get that much tonight.
    Mike

5. mickman

mickman Senior Member

well at least keep your fingers crossed for Thursday & Friday. If that storms hangs out alittle off the coast, as opposed to coming more inland, & we get that western wrap around, then finally we can plow something. It's been a year for Frederick county Md.

6. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

Monday am only got to apply salt in Frostburg 1".
    Mike