1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow in The South???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by white south, Nov 30, 2005.

1. white south

white south Junior Member
    from East TN

Just wondering what folks in East TN do about commercial snow removal. I mow, and bid on a 140 unit condo that also wanted snow removal. I quited a price so that I could sub out the snow removal to a excavation company. Do people around here actually have plows for their trucks. I can't see spending the money to buy a plow when we may only get 1 snow a year (2-6") Last year we didn't get anything that stuck to the ground. But the year before, we got 8" one night. Just curious to see what you guys would recomend.

2. white south

white south Junior Member
    from East TN

well, I did a search and turned up so good info. Guess it would be a good idea to find a used one somewhere. I just can't see investing in a new plow that I might not use for 2 years. THanks anyway