1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow in the forecast

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow, Nov 14, 2000.

1. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I was checking the weather today (www.weather.com) and it said rain/snow for sunday with a low of 26 degrees. Now i have to get my magic salt out of my friends shed and bring it to my house. I hope bill (thelawnguy) is right with his prediction of 2" of snow before Thanksgiving. I also will have to get the Gravely L to my house, and hopefully can get a urethane edge for it soon.

2. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

I think its been too warm for any accumulation on pavement, but we will see what develops.

I prefer Intellicast for my weather, at least when its wrong its not off by too much...

[Edited by thelawnguy on 11-14-2000 at 09:08 PM]
  3. DaveO

DaveO PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Ma.

Our forecast is for rain. (SE Mass)

4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

2 - 4" tonight.

Up to a foot on Saturday.

Too early in the season for this.
  5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Rain in the corner of Vermont where I am. Snow in the higher terrain and temsp in the mid 30's here in the valley,
  6. cutntrim

cutntrim PlowSite.com - Veteran

The salters were out on the roads to the south of Hamilton along Lake Erie today. We aren't expected to get anything. Rain for thursday, maybe some flurries by the Lake Ontario. Suits me, we aren't ready yet equipment-wise.
  7. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Snow here thursday, and possibly Firday. I HOPE......
  8. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

snow showers for friday? does that count?

9. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

they said snow showers friday night here in Jersey, but it's going to get real cold early next week.
  10. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

latest forecast for central conn has no snow thru Sun, chance of showers wed and thu, cloudy sun.

I still stand by my prediction for accumulation by next Thu.
  11. GeoffD

sounds like you got some new toys for the season?

12. snow

SUN NOV 19 Rain and Snow hi 44°Flo 27°F

^ is the forecast for sunday here for greenwich,ct. mayb because i live on the water it has some effect. Geoff- my friend is letting me borrow the gravely L for the winter. I was also hoping to use a farmall cub tractor w/ a 60"blade, but no luck with that. I have 2 snowblowers, and a gravely for sure. I should only say one snowblower because my snapper single stage gets clogged in even light snow. I'm going to be looking for a small garden tractor with a plow and a cart so i can drive to accounts and not have to relie on my parents for tranportation from job to job. My friend has a small wheelhorse (the same one chuck has but w/ a 4hp engine) that i'm going to see if i can buy from him. I also want to get a urethane sample to try out on the gravely or tractor. Well, that's a long enough post.

13. GeoffD

Is the gravely L an walk behind unit, or a tractor?

14. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

15. snow

updates forecast

i just got this now (at school during an open):
    NOV 19 Snow Showers hi 42°F
    lo 25°F

NOV 20 Rain and Snow hi 42°F
    lo 25°F

NOV 21 Rain and Snow hi 41°F
    lo 24°F

Geoff- the gravely is a walk behind unit that i'll be picking up saturday b 4 it snows. i think bill's prediction was a good one.