1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow in pa

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mmtwin, Jan 21, 2005.

1. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

Anyone know how much snow? I've heard 4-8 to 12+ payup

2. 7677mess

7677mess Junior Member

Hey im from the area to..Quakertown to be exact. I heard 6-12 but u know that might change

3. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

I'm over in Merztown. Don't know which totals to believe

4. LHlandscaping

LHlandscaping Junior Member

I heard 6-20!!! That's quite a margin for error. I guess all that matters is that we FINALLY get to plow here in PA. Thank you Jesus!!!!! purplebou

5. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

NO MATTER THE AMOUNT FINALLY SOME payup

6. PAPLOWER

PAPLOWER Junior Member

Up Here In Scranton

Up here it's 5-10 by sunday nite$$$$

7. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

LOOKS LIKE ALL OF US IN PA JUST FOUND THIS SITE :waving:

8. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

here in bucks county.. ive been hearing 6-10for sat after noon then 4-7 for night time so i guess thats 10-17" i dont care as long as its white and comes from the sky and totals more than 6" LOL
    everyone in PA,NJ souding area good luck be safe make that LOOT payup
    when its all don maybe i can WATCH THE BIRDS!!!!

9. bcf

bcf Senior Member

On the channel six news tonight Most of Bucks County was in the 12-15" category, with the very left 6-12". I have a feeling that rain over the water is gonna turn back on us as more though. But I'm no weatherman, just an optimist. payup

10. vball2116

vball2116 Junior Member

Snow

Here in Luzerne County we are expected to get 8 to 10.

Jeff

11. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

Here in Boston we are looking at 18-24". WOOOHOOO sucks i dont have a plow though....errrrr :realmad:

12. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

Calling for 6-10" in the Harrisburg Area. :D Finally!

13. djd427

djd427 Member
    from NEPA

I am just outside the scranton area and they seem to be calling for 6-12+,,, every weather site is different. So we'll just have to wait and see. Welcome guys from Pa! This site has so much to offer. I have been reading here in the background for a year and have learned so much. Have fun plowing!!
    Dave

14. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Who knows but it looks like enough to generate some snow removal bills. If I was as bad at my job as Hurricane Shwartz is at predicting the weather I'd be out in commercial lot with broom hoping to clear it.

15. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

payup JUST IN 12-16" IN MOST OF EATERN PA. bLOWING WINDS MAKES EVEN BETTER FOR CLEAN-UP payup

16. Crockett

Crockett Junior Member

Up here in Bradford Co. they are calling for total storm accumulations of 8-14 by the time this one ends. :bluebounc We have about 4-6 on the ground from the last few storms, but I'll take as much as we can get. I love to see the white stuff.

17. curb2curb

curb2curb Junior Member

Here in W.PA-Lawrence Co(just north of Pittsburgh) they are calling for 6-10 by Sunday morning. Im on the second shift so Im going out tonight at 6, the side roads will be horrible. Alot of coffee tonight. have fun boys!

18. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

Well....as usual, Harrisburg got cut short on snow.
    They were calling for 6"-10"....and we got MAYBE 5". :mad:

Barely plowed from 7:00pm-midnight... :(

Stupid weathermen.... :gunsfiring: :sleeping:

19. Crockett

Crockett Junior Member

Not enough!

We found ourselves on the low end of the forcast scale too. They were calling for 8-14". We have about 8 right now, but still lightly snowing here. :angry:
    At least we got a good plowable snow :nod: It's about time, it was nice to plow something other than 3-4" of slush and ice.

20. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

Your bitching about only 5" of snow !!!!!!

We were forecasted to get 4-6" and only got 1" over the entire 24hr period. Be glad you got "plowable" snow.....All we got to do was salt apps.