1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow in NJ???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by f350dieselemt, Dec 13, 2004.

1. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

Does anyone know when NJ will be getting ANY snow....Is it supposed to be alot of snow this winter... big storms?????
  2. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Hopefully sooner than later. Its just not cold enough yet. We better get some sooooooooooooooooooooon!
  3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

We'll probably get like 3 MAJOR storms and that's it. This sucks. :angry:
  4. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

i am from hillsdale... u are from fort lee... do u know where i could get bagged salt for really cheap......
  5. Boutallnite

Sorry, I don't. I don't do a lot of salting, so I just went to home depot and picked up some 50lb bags for $4.95 each I think.
  6. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

This sucks

this sucks that we might not get that much snow this year.... they said that we are supposed to get alot becasue of signs that we had all the rain this summer..... but w/e just pray for snow and im afraid that this is all we can do on our part
  7. demetrios007

demetrios007 Member

go to your local plow dealer or landscaping centers, not depot, like supply houses. They usually have magic melt in big bags, or you can get a cubic yard of salt for about 100-125 in a big tub that should get you through all winter for walkways and little stuff. If you wanna spread, you gotta find bulk salt EARLY in the winter, you pay top dollar right now.......
  8. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

where would u suggest to go
  9. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

About every 5 years I go through all of my equipment. I put new cutting edges, shocks, blade guides and snow deflectors on my blades and replace batteries and electrical wiring in the trucks, and even some motors and vibrators on the salters. I did 8 of my 12 trucks this year and laid out alot of money to be prepared. NO SNOW IN SIGHT, it figures! :cry:
  10. Boutallnite

I think , let me re-phrase that I hope that it is going to be a late hard winter here in Jersey. We must, I need money , got my eye on the new Mustang or a Family truckster. One of those.
  11. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

i'll be happy with some ice, heck with the snow....
  12. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Sure i'll take some ice.Make great money and u only need to send 1 truck out to salt
  13. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

where sending some trucks out right nowhere in eastern pa to take care of some wet area`s it`s about time i have 500 ton of salt in are bin at $60 per ton bring it on ... :drinkup:
  14. DJL

DJL Senior Member

January 17th at 3:07:56am.
  15. ACL&L Plowing

ACL&L Plowing Junior Member

We will get some snow soon, we have been spoiled with early storms in early December last year and the year before. Im trying to be patient, put a lot of money out to be prepared for snow this year. It better snow! Its going to get a little colder this week from what they are saying, hopefully it lasts, that will be a good start. This rain that we have been getting can change to snow. Only worked two days last week because of all the rain. Almost doesn't feel like Christmas with out the cold.
  16. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I had some rain snow mix for about 5 minutes today in Bridgewater.