1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow in NH, VT, and Maine!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bolensdriver, Nov 29, 2004.

1. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

That last storm in New England hit Massachusetts and Conneticuit and southern NH and maine, but now we in the north will be getting snow!

Tuesday night, around midnight, a mixed precipitation will be developing... and lasting through the next afternoon, where it'll turn to rain mixed with freezing rain.

There should be 1 - 4 inch accumalations north of Concord, NH with a spot 5 inch amount (in the higher elevations). Below concord could see a slushy coat up to 2 inches. The coast could see freezing rain/snow/rain turn to all rain before mid-morning.

2. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Been a slow start here in most if not all of the northeast. Besides that one little taste we got here in CT its been warm and rainy and it doesnt seem to be getting much colder.

3. haligan125

haligan125 Member
    from Maine

It isnt even december yet, Nothing is late

4. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Where I live in Central NH (top of Lake Winnipesaukeee) I dont think we are going to get much or any at all. Both of my trucks are ready to roll at a moments notice.

5. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Looking back thru my diary this is the first year since 1996 that we haven't had snow that stuck on Thanksgiving Day.

Pete -- 1500' in the Green Mountains of north central Vermont

6. bolensdriver

Well, I usually always get snow in october, but not this year.

And I'm talking at least an inch of snow every october. Last year we had one storm that dropped 5 inches.

7. BRIMOW525

BRIMOW525 Senior Member

hey Boondox, I used to live in St. Albans. You anywhere near that?

8. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Be carefull what you wish for. All indications are when it starts it going to be a heavy snowfall this year.

9. bolensdriver

I want at least 38 inches in 14 hours like I got in 2001, BRING IT ON! I am ready to fight!!!

10. Bolts Indus.

We had 30 inches in 14 hours three weeks ago. Hella
    fa storm.

11. bolensdriver

Wish I got it. I heard it was wet though, don't care much for it being wet.

12. Bolts Indus.

99 and 44 one hundreds pure water. $$$ though.

13. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

St Albans, man I envy the great soil they have there! And flat land! We're about sixty miles away on the edge of Mt Mansfield. More snow here, but less arable land. Payoff, I guess. Pete

14. Chainlink

Chainlink Member
    from Vermont

Boondox you hunt? You sound like a farmer so I assume so(talking about tillable soil). Im in the valley,and dairy farmed as a kid.

15. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Chainlink -- Yeah, I hunt. Mostly coyotes after my sheep these days. Four of em so far this year. And venison is always appreciated.

Nope, not a farmer in the real sense. I'm a Marine Corps vet who still loves to shoot, but my regular job is a statistician. It's just that after being cooped up for so long on troop ships, then hospitals (shrapnel is ugly stuff) and then in college classrooms (the great paper chase!) I have this thing for open land and growing things.

None of my land is flat, and all of it is rocky, so I stare longingly at those flat, tillable fields in the valley. :drinkup:

Pete

16. Chainlink

Chainlink Member
    from Vermont

Ah the coyote I have a few under my belt. Marine, well I was army and injury free. As a fellow serviceman I would like to thank you for your patriotism. Are there alot of coyotes in your area becuase I would love to help thin them out if you want :gunsfiring: :D

17. bolensdriver

We got ice last night, it was a mix, starting somewhere near 1:30 am, and it changed to all rain around 4:30 am. The state & town salted the roads.

Friday we are supposed to get accumalating snow, with no rain.

18. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Snip>Ah the coyote I have a few under my belt. Marine, well I was army and injury free. As a fellow serviceman I would like to thank you for your patriotism. Are there alot of coyotes in your area becuase I would love to help thin them out if you want<

You too, brother. The army has come a long way in the last couple of decades. Jeez, they even have light infantry now! Who woulda thunk? Thanks for the offer, but I have the coyote situation under control. The last two were head shots at 400+ yards.

A grunt and his rifle...it's a beautiful thing! :cool:

Pete

19. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

2" of slush up this way and raining out now. I even put my plow frame back on my truck today and hooked up the plow. I am not even going out as it will be mostly gone by morning. They are calling for rain next week! :(

20. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

rain rain rain rain rain rain and more rain thats all there is so far. so much in fact i have a river running through my yard and down driveway.