1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow in July

Discussion in 'Weather' started by krazeehorse, Jul 8, 2008.

1. krazeehorse

krazeehorse Member

It's 90 degrees and sultry in Ohio today. How many days do you think you're going to have to wait for your first plowable snow of the season? Probably around 150 days here.:cry:

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

ha, yeah its reall humid here too. i cant wait for snow, lol

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I hope that my bday present is 8" of fresh powder. That's December 13th for the record.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

The better question is how many people here can have their entire snow plow fleet ready to go in 2 hours for that freak mid july snow storm we get around here LOLOLOL.

I know I probably could. All I got to do is put the plows and spreaders on both trucks, take the tracks off the skid and hook up a protech, then mount the plow and spreader on the tractor. As for the equipment that pusher our other protechs, just have to get them on the trailer and to the job. Between myself and partner we got like 160 tons of salt ready to go.

Anybody else?

5. krazeehorse

krazeehorse Member

I'm a little guy. Drive into the Boss and plug in. Wait, gotta find the thermos.

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

what is snow????

7. krazeehorse

krazeehorse Member

Snow is a seasonal phenomena that people beeawwtch about in the winter, much like the heat in the summer.

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Dec 20th my 23rd b-day all i want is a plowable snow! Prob not going to happen in jersey! It use to snow in December when i was in high school!:mad:

9. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I will say the first week of December in Columbus. My guess will be Saturday Dec 6 2008. :dizzy::waving::redbounce

10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

thats what im wondering.

maybe we'll see some this year

11. Up North

Up North Senior Member

About 2 minutes.

Ditto, just substitute the Boss for a Blizzard and the thermos for a Diet Dr. Pepper...:D

Buck

12. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Drive to the Shop, to hook up the Fisher.

Dig the Salt box out of the back of the shop. I got a hut full of salt so i'd be ready in 2 hours

13. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

On the same note, any one that didnt renew there contract yet, it would be odd trying to know who to plow and not, but all the ones still under contract would be ok

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd be ready, only got to go hook up my plow.

Why can't we have a couple preplanned snow storms during the summer to keep our skills ready for winter?

15. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

16. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Yup we could probably do it. Just get set-up not actually delivering on-site equipment would NOT be included in the 2 hours. My salters' in my garage, so just slide it in, strap it down, 2 plugs and v'oila we're ready to rock! We've got about 5 pallets of salt left. Normally that would carry me thru 2 events.:D

17. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

WOULD TAKE ABOUT 5 HOURS HERE TO GET READY AND THEN I HAVE TO FIND BULK SALT:dizzy: I STILL HAVE 10 PALLETS OF CALCIUM IN THE YARD SO IM GOOD THERE :drinkup:

P.S. ALL YOU NEW JERSEY GUYS CAN COME WORK FOR ME THIS IS PHILLYS YEAR OF THE SNOW (I HOPE :angel:)

BLIZZARD OF 1996 BELOW:

1996 30,7 inches.jpg

18. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

not to get too far off topic on the blizzard of 96, but man...talk about the good ol' days for us northeast guys :cool:

[​IMG]

19. i rember 96 even though i was olny six lol i went outside n got lost in a snowbank lol

20. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Just bring back 2002-2006 we had over 40 inches of snow each year! I will take that!:cry: