1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow in escanaba

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by caz1, Dec 12, 2004.

1. caz1

caz1 Member

woke up this moring with 5 inchs on the ground wet and heavy man it seems like every body has a plow this year kind of kicking my self in the but for wanting to wait to get a plow till next year. :angry:

2. wls

wls Senior Member

same here, would'nt believe the plowers that come out of the woodwork, oh well I'm happy with the accounts that I do now. :)

3. Ole JIM

Ole JIM Senior Member

Here in Central MAINE Same Thing! Plows every Where! DONO? how Any-One can make a Profit? Plowing Driveways? seeing Most? 4X4s USED are pretty well Used UP!--I got an 88 Dodge 4X4 from our SON! He bought a later Model & they Wouldn*t Give Him what He thought? His Ole One was Worth? So He Practally Gave It to ME! I been re-building It since last Spring--I just DO Our & His Yard a Taxi COs Yard that Another Son works for & a couple of Elderly neighbors that NO One Plows!--Dec 4th here we Got 3 inches nice Fluffy Snow--followed a few days Later by Rain-Sleet & Snow Mix--a Real Mess! Now 3 or 4 Inches of SLUSH covered w/ a crust of 1/2 inch of Ice!--Temp Huvering just above & below Freezing!--DAMP & COOL Out! plowing Hot Top Yards is OK!-But--NO NO on Dirt!-- --Ole JIM--

4. wls

wls Senior Member

our 4th push of this winter was today, looks like we may get a few more in by tuesday.

5. butters

butters Member

We are supossed to get 12"-18" by tomorrow evening and I don't get my plow till next week! @$*&#$!

6. sierra02

sierra02 Junior Member

Marquette got hit pretty hard last night. All the schools closed here today and we got about 6-8 inches last night and even more snow to the west.

7. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

must be nice. It hasn't even snowed here yet. I read that Jan n Feb is supposed to be really good. Not helpin with Xmas though!

8. caz1

caz1 Member

Hey sierra02 i was woundering if any body from Marquette was on this site i heard that the houghton got hit with 20 some odd inchs but you no what that is like i'm stuck in escanaba the banana belt of the up well post you later caz1

9. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Hi snowman, where you from? I read it's supposed to get really really messy January thru March. Kinda like last year goin by the Farmer's Almanac. :drinkup: