1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow in CT

Discussion in 'Weather' started by gmcsierra1500, Jan 10, 2007.

1. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

IM sitting here looking out my window at it snowing in somers ct this gives me hope but i wish it would actually stick and be more than a flurry!

2. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

Got about 2 inches in NW CT plowed one of my commercals today.

3. KMC

KMC Junior Member

It will snow soon. It's starting to get colder maybe in the next few weeks we will get snow.payup

4. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

It least it's a start.............:bluebounc

5. lucky13rme

lucky13rme Member

saw some flurries today, but that was it.

6. go plow

go plow Senior Member

what the heck did you plow! im in Winsted all we got was a light coating not even a half inch...

7. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

I know Litchfield, torrington only a coating but up in Goshen there was close to 2 inches.

8. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Was snowing pretty good in Southbury today but nothing that stuck. At least it was something new to watch for a half hour.

9. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

seriously, that was just depressing seeing the flurries comin down. but here's a question, why did i see 3 people with plows on today? that's more than i've seen all season!! it gives me some hope...what do u guys think?

10. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Local news stations are reporting chances for sleet and freezing rain this weekend and Monday. My guess is people are getting fired up for that even though there may be nothing to plow

11. KHB

KHB Member

With weather like this we won't be making any payup

7day_640x480.jpg

12. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I dont think channel 3 updated that map ... either that or someone is way off with the temps for early next week. Both channel 30 news and channel 8 said freezing rain to sleet to possibly snow for Monday.

8-day.jpg

13. makplow

makplow Senior Member

Too all you guys that watch your local guys go to accu weather. com and study the models and listen to the video's I'm sure it will make you smile They get into real weather forecasting, not like the local boys who are into more of the celebratiy side of things??

The weather pattern has changed and the Norheast is going to have a lot of cold weather with potentential storms riding up the east coast!!!

Mak.

14. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

I'm still praying.

15. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Its not looking good:mad:

16. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

when I ordered some parts for my sprayer on Thursday I didn't rush the delivery since I saw the forecast looked weak. I was hoping that by doing that we might get some action. Guess not.

Northern CT might get some snow, but nothing within 25-30 miles of the coast for sure.

17. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Currently raining right now, and being 38 degrees, i dont believe to expect anything different. I bet this summer will be excellent to buy a new truck, theres so many dealers right now with too many plow trucks and no snow so no purchases being made. I wonder if plow costs for the summer will be the same or will they be lower?

18. NCass31

NCass31 Member

I'm in Somers too, though i didn't see any snow falling, must have been at work.. last week i woke up to snow, but when i looked at the ground and saw the wet grass, i went back to sleep. lets hope some time soon... i have an account up Gulf Road, she called me last week and said that it was sticking...i didn't really believe it, but i'd push if she wants me too payup