1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow In Ct

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by danno, Nov 13, 2004.

1. danno

danno Senior Member

About an inch in southern CT. But its a good sign of things to come ! :redbounce

2. ctplowguy

ctplowguy Junior Member
    from ct

:drinkup: Yup-its here!Everyhthings covered.Lets just hope its not a tease.Keep it comin'!!!

3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

2 to 2.5 in middletown area had to plow the commerical accounts :)

4. jimmymac

jimmymac Junior Member

Hello All,

We got a good " dusting" along the CT shoreline.It was enough to have the State and Local plows out plowing and throwing the material. I hope it keeps coming!!. :bluebounc

5. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

We got covered on everything but asphalt, except for bridges, sidewalks, and curves on the roads. Few icy patches in the parking lots. More north jersey got about an inch, state was salting.

Jeff

6. hilltopfarm

hilltopfarm Junior Member

snow in RI

we just got about four inches in northern Rhode Island last night. hopefully this will be a good year. :waving:

7. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

We are just getting it right now. About 4 inches down so far. We are inland from the ocean about 15 miles where it is now turning to rain. That is where I plow. Figures.

8. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Just finished plowing, plowed all my drives, going out to do more clean up now. Around 5" here in Randolph, MA the hardest hit area of the state. Got up around 4 am and to my delight it was plowable. Much more then i was hoping for. Today went well, no real problems except for me being a little rusty. Got to try out the cherokee, was very happy with its performance. F-150 did great as always. A few flag downs to as banks left by the town were wet and heavy. Town plowed and sanded all roads. State plowing highways. Great first storm and a real suprise considering it is so early. Iam glad i was ready. Back to clean up. :waving:

9. PJB

PJB Junior Member

First Snow

Hi all! This is my first time posting, hope I am doing it properly.

I recently bought my first plow, an 8 ft. Blizzard from Dave at Bolts Industries.

We live in Mount Uniacke the snow belt of Nova Scotia and I have a 600' driveway and parking area and two 150' x 12' driveways to do for my parents and inlaws.

We just got dumped on with 8 inches of wet snow and we still may get more as it's still snowing. Did all three driveways twice without a hitch. Got a little cocky and offered to do a neighbours drive. Mistake! I should have looked at it in the daylight first. It's narrow and downhill with no place to put the snow except to the right going in and i didn't notice a two foot dropoff on the right until my right front wheel was over the edge. It took a half hour and two friends to get me out. I guess you only learn what not to do after having done it wrong at least once.

I've picked up some interesting info on the site in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks

10. danno

danno Senior Member

Welcome to the site. The first thing you have to know to stay on this site is your A B Cs--------------- A lways B e C :nono: arefull !

11. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I want to see many photos of that mini storm in Massachusetts.

They are calling for snow here in NH next week. :yow!: NONE FOR MASSACHUSETTS!!! :rolleyes:

:nod: You boys in southern New England might get an early snow every so often just be luck, but you still didn't recieve that 38" in 2001 that we had in one storn. :)

12. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Hey im perfecty happy with getting quick 4 inch storms. just Enough to plow everything and still be home in a reasonable time.

13. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

:) I like any amount of snow. From dustings and up.

The New Hampshire Department Of Transportation (Public Works & Highways), will plow if it's a dusting. Maybe I should get a job there.