1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow In Ct yet again

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DSmythCT, Jan 8, 2005.

1. DSmythCT

DSmythCT Junior Member

looks like there calling for 3-5 in CT for saturday cant wait..... :(

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

hope some of that snow moves down to fairfield county

3. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

looks like north of 84 east of hartford is going to get the most snow.
    the shoreline will start snow and change to ice then mostly rain. i'd bet it could go either way though.

4. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

snow here in NH today. 3 - 5 inches expected. Spot 6" in the higher elevations of Hillsboro and Sullivan County

5. rmartin

rmartin Member
    from mass

6-10 here in central ma.. JACKPOT

6. Plowbie

Plowbie Member

raining here this morning on the CT shoreline and it looks like it will be all rain. :(

7. danno

danno Senior Member

Close to :gunsfiring: 60 on Wed !

8. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

I'm right on west side of 84 and a hundred feet below the Mass line and it is freezing rain here. I don't expect more than an inch and that's if we're lucky.

9. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I'm in the NorthEast corner on CT and it there was sleet coming down but now it's stopped now I know it will come back :)

I think in my area we will be getting about 3-6" starting with ice.
    I'm hoping for about 5" my self.
    Well time to fuel up.

10. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Raining in middletown borderline temps 31 degrees sidewalks are icy but roads appear to be ok.

11. empire

empire Member

Rain?

This has been a really rainy winter!no snow in wally world yet.Just rain. :(

12. bolensdriver

GOD HAMLET!

It's a blizzid, a blizzid, wait it's not snowing yet. it's still creeping up.

when it hits, I'm going outside and I will flash people who drive by. haa haaaaaaaaaaaa!

13. DSmythCT

DSmythCT Junior Member

its sleet here now in canton, the town trucks are plowing(i dont know what) but there saying its f\gonna change over, i hope so i hate this stuff

14. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

we sanded our lots and ice melted sidewalks. some ice here and there. im glad it switched to rain, i need a break.

15. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

rain/sleet and freezing rain here in New London. Temps are right on the borderline

16. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Yea mdb i hear ya........still havent gotten to recover form that last storm.........got about1/4-1/2" of ice here tho and still coming down hard...this could be bad....................they still say a change over with 2-4" of snow............who knows.....they def blew it tho last night with the 4-8" forcast

17. bolensdriver

it's a freaking blizzid up here in NH! few inch already and it freaking started a hour agao! it freaking rocks! freaking MONEY! payup

18. empire

empire Member

ct weather

I look out the window because the weather men in ct suck ! I lost more time listening to them than I can remember. Wish it would snow.

19. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

sleeting here, 33 degrees, supposedley supposed to be 2-6 inches. The precip is very slow to change over to snow, its very gradually starting to mix with snow. Iam not expecting too much, iam redy anyways, ill probley have to go out late tonight.

20. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Yeah i agree with empire waited till 7pm last night.Every station said a least a slushy 1-3.So we loaded all the trucks with salt and fuel,got up at 2am nothing went back to bed till 4am got up it was 31 and rainin.What a waist those :realmad: F%*@K%NG :gunsfiring: weather men suck