1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow in Calgary

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by windmill, Sep 16, 2003.

1. windmill

windmill Senior Member

I don't think we have anyone from Calgary on plowsite yet but I saw in the news that they had between 10 and 20 cm (5 - 10 in.) and are expected to get another ten by tomorrow. Then the temp goes back to 20C (70 F). I don't know if there was any sticking (it didn't look like it), but it was nice to see a white (glofing) green.

2. whacked_46

whacked_46 Junior Member

Yah we got snow

Hey Guys,

Yah its snowing here, its 9:00 and is minus 2. The snow has been falling all day and barley has let up. The only thing that sucks is its sticking to grass and decks. But not sidewalks or roads. The funny thing is that on thursday it suppose to be 18 degrees.

3. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Wow a redneck from Calgary who also probably doesn't believe that duct tape will fix everything. :D :D Welcome to plowsite!!!
    So did you get to put the blade to work??

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Congrats on the snowfall send some my way please:D

5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Temperature today was around 80 degrees. No way the snow could stick to the ground. It would just melt right away. Also we still have full leaves on the trees, and it would be a disaster if we get a heavy snowfall that really early. Over a decade ago we had a big October snowstorm. It was a catastrophe. Downed trees, power lines, etc. No way we could possible plow snow with roads blocked. So I hope we would not be getting snow that early. It just would cause problems for everyone.

When November comes, let bring it on! :D

pumpkin:

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I agree, let the snow hold off for awhile. I'm getting a new lawn put in next week. Landscaped all around, new seed etc. The earliest I've plowed was Oct 28, '00.