1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow in air box

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kurtandshan, Mar 4, 2015.

1. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Hi all, I have recently had snow get into my air filter box when plowing. 2007 5.4 f250. Any cheap tricks to reduce this?

2. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Maybe a screen at the inlet? Ive had this happen on vehicles parked outside on a regular basis (E450s) and found facing them away from the wind when parked really reduces that problem. With snow in there, it will plug the filter and cause engine lights and lack of power.

3. Woodenshoe

Woodenshoe Member

Back in the day, we used to cover our grills with burlap to keep the snow out.

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

The diesel trucks can get a grill cover - it helps a lot - we plow private roads and were always clogging the filter. I wonder how the cover would affect a gas engine temps.....

Ford dealers sell the grill cover, they come with diesel trucks with snow prep package.