1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow & Ice Symposium

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Feb 19, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I was just looking over the schedual for the symposium. Looks like it's gonna be a great weekend.

Aside of the fact that I will definately NOT be out golfing with you guys Thursday morning (trust me, you do not want me on a golf course) I probably won't make it there until Thursday evening. It's going to be about a 16-hour drive. Yes... I'm driving. Wife refuses to get on a plane, and I've kind of developed a fear of flying myself. Stupid, I know.

Just out of curiosity, since I'm kind of a "one man operation" but I'll be bringing my wife and 3-year-old daughter, are the costs for the two of them another $205 each??? They will probably do the Ocean Journey thing, and hang out at the hotel alot. Anyone have any info on this type of situation?

-Tim

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not positive, but I don't think so. My wife was planning on the same thing, just sort of hanging around the hotel with our kids--she made the arrangements so I'm not sure. Don't feel bad, we're driving, too. Can't wait to spend at least 18 hrs in a vehicle with my 5 and 2 year old. Might set a new record getting there. lol

3. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah... what exactly is the current land-speed record for a full-size pickup anyway??? LOL

-Tim

4. earth works inc.

earth works inc. Member

Well the misses was going to drive out with our 4 kids after we looked up plane tickets at $420 a piece from dayton. I told her to get on I-70 which is about 1/4 mile from the back of our house and head west untill you get to denver. A no brainer right ?

Well she started to look at the map and then got back on the internet 2 weeks later and got tickets from priceline at $220 a piece.

Should be a good time. See everyone there.

By the ways, my wife isnt too good with directions.

5. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Earthy-one
    1/4 mile?? Are you anywhere near 202?

Bruce

6. earth works inc.

earth works inc. Member

plowjockey: not by huber but west of 75 in butler township.
    got 2 acres deep in the woods.

7. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Sounds good to me.

Bruce

8. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Just got my Feb. edition of Lawn and Landscape with the special snow insert and there smack dab on tthe first page of the insert is a picture of "The King". Talk about people not looking like what you expect! No sideburns, no jet black hair, no pompadore, no jumpsuit, no jewelry. I am truely disheartened and confused. Than you, thank you very much :~!

9. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Amazing what they can do with an airbrush... isn't it ??