1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow history of nj

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wcb607a, Aug 1, 2010.

1. wcb607a

wcb607a Junior Member
    from NJ

Does anyone know where I can find the NJ snow dates of last year season. What website?

2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

NOAA.gov......:drinkup:

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

NJ gets snow?

4. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Yup...Just ask Ramair..They get PILES of it.....:help:[

5. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Guys no one gets more snow that RamAir........LOL

But yes we actually did get some snow this past year, not as much as the "snow belt" or the lake effect areas, but a 60" winter is good stuff for us.

6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You have this year's perdictions yet Tim?

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Timmy predicts he'll be driving around in circles and he'll call it plowing!

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Gun to head.....i would say forget what happen last year. Back to the sleet/mix events....snow to rain.....prob finsh around avg to slighty below....Suck but what can we do.....strong la nina's we dont do to well.....

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

You got away to easy with last year's winter...i expect you to get a ton and those seasonals will have you going crazy.....

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Last year was a fluke and for all the humidity it is dry as a bone. If we had the winter of the century we are having the summer as well. My lawn is fried particularly over the drain field. There are golf courses closing to try to save the greens and fairways. Only thing healthy are the weeds.

12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah from the way last year was so wet leading up to the winter and the el-nino all us weather geeks knew we where going to get hammered. It has been dry and very hot here also......i hope we can pull a 08-09 winter out of our hat......

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The curve is swinging to the high side of average. One can not expect the ground and air to hold this moisture forever. If we get a little cold weather and a good volcanic explosion or the like to put a bunch of dust in to the upper atmosphere we could be good to go again.