1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Hill Inc-Equipment Thread

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SnowHill11, Sep 30, 2013.

1. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Hi all, finally starting a thread for myself, wanted to post pics of my new truck and decided I'll start a general thread and then I can add more pictures of the rest of my stuff as time goes on, and/or as I grow.
    Picked this truck up about a month ago. My first plow truck is a 2000 Chevy 2500 with a Meyers C-8 MD-II set up. The first two years plowing went well so I decided to expand this year and add another truck. I've been keeping my eyes open but my brother actually found this one for me on craigslist. Its a 2002 F-250 ex-City of Chicago truck. It has the 5.4 with the auto trans and 117,000 miles on it. I brought it home and replaced the passenger side exhaust manifold and it seems to be running pretty well. First thing I did was put on towing mirrors. Then I decided to try out a new Meyer SV2 8'6" plow. Had it installed by the dealer and found out my springs were too weak and the plow wouldn't ride level and would barely lift off the ground. The original springs were rated for #4400 so with a #950 plow I was probably over rating plus they were getting tired. So I brought it home and ordered heavy duty 3 leaf springs and put 2 extra leafs in the rear as well. That raised the front end up about 4" and leveled the truck with the 2 extra leaves in the rear. I also put a set of Bilstein 5100 series shocks on it, now I just have to do the track bar and it should be ready to go. Anyways here is a before and after shot. p.s. I know the plow lights still need to be aimed : )

2013-08-17 13.10.11.jpg

2013-09-29 17.43.55.jpg

2. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Good setup you have there. The H.D. springs should really help your front end!

3. Pool&Plow

Pool&Plow Junior Member

Really nice looking plow rig Thumbs Up hope she makes ya lots of green this year!

4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking set up, let us know how that new meyer super v treats you.

5. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Thanks everyone, I will let you know on the V, I went back and forth on what to get for quite a while but decided to stick with what I already had and get the longest warranty since Meyer switched to the new Monarch pumps and I got a good deal on a leftover 2012. (5 year warranty) The truck only drops about an inch when I lift the plow which I think is pretty good for over 950 lbs, and its rides beautiful with the plow mounted!

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking setup good luck with it

7. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Here's a few pics of my first Meyer getting ready for a makeover, I've got it almost all disassembled now and the back wire brushed, going to hit it with rust converter and then a new coat of paint. Any advice on getting the old pivot pins out?

2013-10-03 08.12.24.jpg

2013-10-03 08.12.05.jpg

2013-10-03 08.12.18.jpg

8. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Nice lookin' Ford! Hope it serves you well.

9. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Here's a picture of my Chevy with the C-8 from last year, it got me through the winter well, I'll post an updated pic once I finish rebuilding the plow. The truck had the front end rebuilt this spring and a new set of sneakers since this pic was taken.

100_0738.jpg

10. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Here's another pic of the Ford, we had a little break in the snow so I washed it up and got a nice daytime pic. I made the snow deflectors for the plow out of some old rubber cow mat. Helps cut down on the blow over a lot.

2014-02-12 16.40.23.jpg

2014-02-12 17.01.01.jpg

11. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Looks really good, where did you get the mirrors and the spring packs from?

12. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

How many miles on the Chevy? I also have a 2000. Is the entire flatbed wood?

Nice work trucks!

13. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

Nice looking set up! I like the company name too!

14. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Thanks guys! The spring packs I got from a "local" supplier Thru-way Spring in Rochester, they are heavy duty with 3 leafs, I believe rated for about 6800 lb. The mirrors I ordered on ebay.

The Chevy has 251,000 on it, I bought it at 243,000. The bed is actually a steel diamond plate, getting a little thin but still holding.

Thanks, the name was quite a decision process in renaming my company after I bought out my brothers half of our partnership (MK Lawn Care). Wanted something broad enough to cover any services we offer but that referred to us. A friend had told me a good company name is usually based on 1 of 3 things, the type of business, the owners name, or the business location. I didn't really care for any of the options I could think of for the first two. My wife (then fiance) and I were taking a walk on our property and decided to call it Snow Hill (I've always loved how old estates had names), so we decided to name the company after it and our location.

15. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Got a couple pics of both trucks out Sunday morning, in need of a bath but at least their together : )
    Put a new set of Duratracs on the Ford, wow what a difference tires make!

2014-03-02 09.19.42.jpg

2014-03-02 09.17.43.jpg

2014-02-27 13.13.28.jpg

16. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Here's a couple pics of the latest addition to the fleet, a 1993 F-350 XL flatbed with Western 8' plow and Western gas powered sander. Needs some love, but only 8,000 original miles, got it from a local sealed bid auction.

DSCN0180.jpg

DSCN0181.jpg

17. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Did you say 8,000 miles!!! Or 80,000 miles?

18. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Just 8,000! the place I got it from bought it 3 years ago with just over 5,000 and hasn't used it much!

19. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

How does the truck ride with all those extra leaf springs? I added a set of front leaf springs to a 95 f350 and it was so bouncy you could hardly sit in your seat.

20. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

The F-250 XL with the heavy duty 3 leaf springs rides pretty rough empty, but not unusable, with the plow on it settles down and rides great.

Put some simulators on the F-350 today, here's a quick pic from one side, amazing what a difference they make in my opinion. Also replaced the front and intermediate parking brake cables, should pass inspection now.

Got the sander running last week but the chain has quite a few broken cross bars so ordered a replacement today, then hopefully it will be usable for the winter.

2014-10-16 16.23.06.jpg