1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SNOW HELP!! mm2 want to angle with any button

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by zx6rrider, Feb 2, 2015.

1. zx6rrider

zx6rrider Junior Member

I have a 9ft mm2 plow attached to a 02 f250 its snowing as we speak plow was working good then just stopped working when I push any button on the stick it you can see it wants to move right.. So right now its full right won't go up or left and float works. Had to put it in a bank and chain it up to get home and were getting more snow Wednesday and I need this working if I cant figure it out any ideas where to get repaired around westford ma to Nashua nh? Thanks

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Can you hear the motor when you hit a button?

3. zx6rrider

zx6rrider Junior Member

Yea I can hear something I believe its the motor its only me here so I can only get so close

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Moisture in the fluid maybe. Mine quit on me yesterday, no up, left or right. Fluid is full, but when I pulled the drain plug nothing came out. I have new fluid and filter, just no time to change it yet.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck connectors at the coils, then at the grill. Your either not getting signal or your valves might be bad

6. jasburrito

jasburrito Senior Member

Mine did the same thing. Was something with my connector. Cleaned it and it worked fine. Worth a shot.

7. zx6rrider

zx6rrider Junior Member

Thanks for the help guys I'll take a look at your suggestion's when I get out of work today I hope its something easy so I don't have to freeze my *** off longer than I need to... So it could be frozen even with it only wanting to go right with the push of any direction

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

It could, but HIGHLY unlikely

9. zx6rrider

zx6rrider Junior Member

Did a little more research and found this I believe it may be the same blue wire giving me problems it looked pinched right at the cover on the pump but didn't look too bad so I didn't think too much about it

10. zx6rrider

zx6rrider Junior Member

11. Mbrule

Mbrule Junior Member

Had the same problem in last weeks storm. Everything was caked with snow and ice so I could not see what was wrong till I got it inside and melted it off. But I was OUT OF Fluid, due to a leek at one angle cylinder. Could hear pump and relays, but no movement. Fixed leak filled up and good to go.....

Good Luck

12. stan3ley

stan3ley Junior Member
    from Mi.

I have the same problem. I was plowing when the plow was getting twitchy when it was up, when dropped it would go left or right. Then I lost everything, up left and right. The motor is running, blade is not moving. I am getting a gauge from a friend to check pressure a little later. I bought this plow this summer, it had been sitting for years. The motor was rusted solid, the reservoir had water in it, so I removed the entire pump, ram assembly and took out the pump. All the drain and fill plugs were rusted shut. I welded allen wrenches to the plus and got them out. I emptied the rams and got new hoses. I took out the solenoids and put voltage to them and they all worked. I took the pump, without the solenoids and put it in a can of plow oil and ran it with a cordless drill to pump any gunk out. The filter had collapsed and torn from all the crap in it. Put it all back together and it worked for a while. I didn't take out the poppets or the bypass valve. That may have had some junk in there, I don't know.
    I will let you guys know after I put on the gauge.

13. zx6rrider

zx6rrider Junior Member

Just an update I got it working for now I repaired the blue wire on the solinoid and put a little torch to the pump for a min hooked it back up and it worked then had a little hiccup moved the 3 plug harness around a little and bam worked fine was able to finish my route today... I think the harness is going bad it has a few repairs from the pas owner will probably get a new one

14. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

welch welding in north Chelmsford and jcmadigans in Lancaster are 2 decent repair shops close by.

15. zx6rrider

zx6rrider Junior Member

Thanks tib I know where both of them are I live 10 min from Welch welding and I ending up getting the harness from madigans they have a nice shop their first time going their I was like a kid in a candy store