1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow found in Augusta on June 26th

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mick, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The Kennebec Journal has a picture of a construction work holding a 5 pound snowball he found yesterday at a bridge construction site. It had been protected by "a blanket of bark mulch" from paper mill which had been on the site. Temperatures were at 90 F.

They might need a snowplow.;)
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2003
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

On the news last night they had a big pile of firty snow still left in Albany. It had been piled there and the workers were chipping it apart so that it would melt faster.
  3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I'm glad you heard that to CT!,I was gonna mention it earlier but thought i might have heard it wrong,better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt:p
  4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

its really amazing how the snow can last through all of the rain and really hot temps these last few days.pumpkin:
  5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Yep, on the news yesterday, the crew at Albany International Airport were doing snow removal. They thought that it was a good day to break down the currently 15 foot big pile of snow into small piles with the payloader. The news has video of them in action and I could see that the snow is really wet and compacted. With that much moisture in the snow pile, I would think that the pile would still be there in August if they did not break it down into smaller piles. Because the more moisture in the snow, the longer it take to melt down.

The guys there said that they set a record last winter with the biggest pile peaked at 55 feet high!! :eek: That got to be impressive!