1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow for us ohio Huys tonight??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clapper&Company, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Been watching NOAA And NWS, Weather.com, there saying 1-3" wedsday, and 1" of slushy accum. for tonight.

2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser Senior Member

Its to warm out the same way it was Sat but my plows on non the less.

3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

your going to scare it if you put your plow on now. Please everyone in OH and MI, take your plows off and wait until there is 2" on the ground to put them on. lol. I dont wanna let this one turn into rain AGAIN

4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

What are you thinking? Now we won't get anything.:) I will believe it when I see it. right now it is 52 outside. Just got done putting keep off the grass signs back in at my Mom's. Freaking mailman and paper boy keep making a path and are tracking mud up on to her porch.:realmad:

JP

5. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

i think all i'll have to do is salt and were lucky if we get that! the ground might be too warm guys. 50 and raining...

6. Gatewayuser

I left the plow on from the last event which was nothing:cry:, I have 2 trucks 1 without a plow so I don't drive the plow truck.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It's too late in Akron everyone I see has put on their plows!
    I don't bother till it's ankle deep. It was 48' today, it will be just like Sat night,backside turns into snow,lands on pavement freezes into 1/2" of ice it's DONE!

8. Young Pup

It was 52 about 2 hours ago. It is now down to 38. Was looking at a radar and it looks like alot of moisture still out there. But the ground is way to warm, most of it will melt on contact. :cry:

Gateway anything happening down in Cicny yet? Looks like it is knocking on your guys door.

JP

9. Gatewayuser

I think its plenty cold for the snow to stick but it looks like its having a hard time getting here. Good luck to everyone tonight! Its that time:sleeping:

10. Gatewayuser

Go out and feel the road thats what I just did, all that rain today without any sun kept it cool. I'll stay up a little while longer and see what happens. I have 2 radars going on my computer right now but it seems not to be moving.

11. Young Pup

Didn't your Mom tell you never to play in the road? :waving:

12. Gatewayuser

:nono:Yes, don't tell her! LoL. Its actually are alley. Now the storm is starting to move again.:waving:

13. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Snowing in Hamilton right now. Cars and grass covering. Might get to spread some salt in the morning, radar looks light we will get several more hours of this...

14. Young Pup

That is what I wanted to hear. Nothing like having a little forewarning from you guys down there. Thanks. That is what I was thinking probably only a salt night but hey I will take it. Temp is now down to 36 here.

JP

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  15. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

Just this afternoon, I took the snowmobiles off the trailer, tossed them in the garage and I already had the plow off the truck but I put it away.

Hopefully it'll work.

16. Gatewayuser

The radar has changed to all snow for us but not falling here yet(warren county). I'm worried because the weather channel is calling for less then an inch which means we will get alo of snow. lol

17. Young Pup

Raining steady here. Just looked at some freeway temps here in town and they are right about 43 degrees. To the west of us it is icing according to road temps there.

18. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Young Pup?? You going to the CENTS Show next week??? Still raining up north here.

19. Young Pup

Trying to find time to fit it in. Had plans to go out of town but trying to decide on what I want to do.I think it is time to shut down and lay just in case I need to do something later on. Going to try and catch a little nap and get up about 3am and see what is going on. Have a good night.

JP

Last edited: Jan 17, 2006
  20. Gatewayuser

I forgot all about the CENTS show I went last year I'm also an OCNT landscape.
    Well I got up at 1am and the roads were covered went back to bed got up at 2 snow is all melted but its starting to pick up again. The storm is starting to brake up according to the radar so I guess that means I will just salt.