1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow for Turkey Day

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CrazyPlower, Nov 21, 2005.

1. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Okay the news stations are pretty positive about this one. But I am still unsure if its gonna be a good one or not. I hope it will be. They are saying 1-3 inches is a good possiblity for CT. I dont care we need snow so bad it aint funny. So lets pray for SNOW
  2. danno

danno Senior Member

I heard rain and snow here in the SW part. :angry:
  3. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

They said minimal, and wont stick. Why do we need snow so bad? I don't want it to snow on thanksgiving, I wanna spend time with family.
  4. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

more like a dusting to 2" max in the NW hills only
  5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

It would be pretty to see snow falling but i wont mind if it doesnt stick. I still have a few leaf jobs to do plus im looking forward to a nice meal.
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I don't want it to snow. I will be in FL. Which is 20 hours away from where my plow truck is. Sitting on a beach. :drinkup:
  7. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

Weather is saying 2-4 for around here but the ground is not frozen and it will not last. Enjoy your thanksgiving worry about snow later
  8. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

i still dont have a plow :cry: cant get myself to spend the money:confused: :help:
  9. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

The only way to help yourself out is to buy a plow. I'm not trying to be a smart @ss
  10. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

calling for blizzard like conditions for buffalo-45mph winds and heavy lake effect......fun:eek:
  11. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Like the slogan goes...JUST DO IT!

Getting one put on in a storm may cost you more....

12. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

what you arent going to buy it for me ?:rolleyes:
  13. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Calling for 24-36" with high winds here. Let the lake effect machine begin!!!
  14. 351crules

351crules Member

15. JDsnowremoval

JDsnowremoval Member
    from CT

wow thats insane lakeeffect good for you !! Nothing to bad around here 1-3 inches then rain in the afternoon just enought to ge the plows out and work out any kinks in the system, always glad to have a 1-3 inch first storm then a 6-12 inch first storm plus with rain in the afternoon and temps in high 30's to low 40's we all should make it home in time for thanksgiving dinner!! have a good turkey day everyone!!!
  16. CTerrySGD

CTerrySGD Member

24-36 inches is what we average for the season :) Have fun!
  17. basheroffroad

basheroffroad Junior Member

2001 flashbacks?

Sounds to me like 2001 might be happening all over again!!! good luck in Buffalo guys. From what I hear the weather patterns are pretty close to the same as 01
  18. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

Have to spend money to make money.
  19. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

yup it all depends on the wind --it sucks that its happening on turkey day when most people travel alot:realmad:
  20. JTW

JTW Senior Member

We got a couple inches last night here in rochester. Went out this morning and did some driveways (mostly free bees) and a couple parking lots. And we like to keep our charity spotless... We do the Ronald McDonald house here.