1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow for Sunday

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wxmn6, Mar 29, 2003.

1. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like we may be getting some good snowfall on Sunday afternoon through the night. At this time it is too early to tell but they are saying it is very possible for a good accumulation. My plow is still hooked up and ready to go. Hopefully this would be the last batch of snowstorm for this season. Let this be a good storm. :D

2. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Amazing, it's 72° here right now.....

Weatherbug says for tomorrow:

Rain early in the morning...then snow and rain from late morning Onward. Total snow accumulation...1 to 3 inches. Highs in the lower 40s.

Sunday Night:
    A chance of snow in the evening...otherwise partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. Chance of snow 40 percent. North winds 10 to 20 mph.

Guess March wants to go out like a lion?

~Chuck

3. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

I heard 1-3 for the past day or two, this just came out.

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...DELAWARE NY-OTSEGO NY-PIKE PA-SULLIVAN NY-WAYNE PA- 405 PM EST SAT MAR 29 2003
    ...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH FOR SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT...

SNOW WILL DEVELOP BETWEEN 6 AM AND 8 AM SUNDAY...AND WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES THROUGH EARLY SUNDAY EVENING. 6 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW IS POSSIBLE BY LATE SUNDAY EVENING...WITH HIGHEST AMOUNTS ON THE HILLTOPS.

Someone playing a joke?

4. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Well, it is still March so snow is still a possibility without a doubt.

5. ToyotaPower

ToyotaPower Senior Member

I guess i'll wait to see if the snow accumulates for plowing of snow... I took all the plow off trucks cleaned. But wouldn't mind one last storm to close a good year out :D

6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

im gonna cry if it accumulates. i already have picked up a ton of sand... and everything was finally getting clean... i know this is the wrong place to say this.... but please dont snow!

7. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Thats it, you have done it. Mild winter next year.

Geoff

8. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Its snowing right now in the Chicago area! I might have put away the plows/salters to soon! It was in the upper 60's two days ago!

Chuck B.

9. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

Give us a little something to finish off the salt supply, get out another salt billing and have it all melt by tuesday so we can keep up with the cleanups

10. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

I can't believe it, 1-3" for my area i had pretty much put the plow away but had it accesable just in case and i might acctually have to use it. In other northern area im hearing 3-6"! Amazing after this warm weather. Oh well we just have to wait and see, thought I am ready for winter to come to an end, It was a good winter and i enjoyed it but this warm weather as also been enjoyable.:confused:

11. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

From the NWS website for Pittsburgh: Sunday. Cloudy with scattered snow showers. Up to an inch accumulation possible mainly on grassy areas.

As warm as it's been I think pavement temps will be too high for it to need any attention from me.... :(

12. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Oh, great :rolleyes: . Now it's saying snow for tomorrow and tomorrow night - up to 4". I won't be going out. With the warm weather, the ground is real soft. I'd do more bulldozing than snow plowing. The truck would just put big ruts in the driveways. If someone wants me, they'll just have to call.

What a mess. The plows are off and stored. The sander is on its storage rack. Today I started on a storage area for salt and sand. I'm already starting on bids for next year. I had just finished a letter to a good potential before I looked on here, then Weatherbug. I'm going to bed. :mad:

13. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I'm with Mick,all gravel residentials here,would do way more harm than good,just gonna have to let her melt off:(

14. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Mick and Arc you've got it right. It will be more of a mess than if we left the snow. The temps are supposed to be 45-50 the rest of the week so it will melt in no time. I'll do my commercials and make a few calls for my low triggers, gotta love mother nature!!!

15. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

im kind of mad about the snow because i put are sanders and plows away in the back of are shop and we rented a jib boom to take off are large flink plows.now if this holds up i have to grab the jib boom again move out my lawn mowers and bobcat to get to my plows and my sanders.im glad i made dollies for my sanders last week now i can at least test them out.i hope that someone around me has sand salt because my supply is used up.
    but oh well i guess i thought the season was over.....lol lol.

16. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

From Weatherbug, for my area now:

SUNDAY

Turning colder. Rain...mixing with and then changing to snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation 1 to 3 inches by evening...mainly on grassy surfaces...heaviest in the higher elevations. Temperatures slowly falling into the lower 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.

SUNDAY NIGHT

Chance of evening snow...otherwise cloudy. Lows in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent.

Doesn't look like we have anything to worry about in this part of NJ.

~Chuck

Though when I started WB, I saw this:

wb3-29-03.jpg

17. GesnerLawn

GesnerLawn Senior Member

It's gonna take at least 4 or 5 inches for me to go out plowing this time of year. Most of my residential customers would be pretty P.O.'d if I showed up to plow 2 or 3 inches, especially after all the $$ they shelled out during the winter.

18. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hey Mike if need be call up Koguts in Meriden I am pretty sure he still has a pile of sand salt mix behind the greenhouses on Yale Ave in Meriden.

Jay

19. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

It's snowing here now. Weather channel predicts 5-7 by Mon. morning. What a mees this will make! I won't touch gravel accounts, only blacktop and commercial, will probably get in some sanding too.

I had my guys scheduled to come back tomorrow and start up on the cleanups we missed last fall. What a winter!

20. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

WELL all ...like I said...Its Feast or Famine !