1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow for southern MD

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Potomac Lawns, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

well just looked at the national weather service and they are calling for 4-8 inches on mon-tues of course this storm is coming from the south so it could be more than what they say DC north 1-3 inches.

Steve :)

2. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

I'm hoping to get something. I got a contract with Charles county to do a neighborhood. I'm anxious to see if this old truck I got will hold together... :eek:

3. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I'm hoping for somehting too....a little x-mas money would be nice this year!

4. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

well it looks like its coming

5. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Hey Potomac do me a favor and send some of that 8" over the river please. They are only calling for 2-4" in Northern Virginia but they are saying it will be more likely around 4". Well hopefully they are wrong and we get 8" over here or that 8" tracks over here. But when I am out in my front yard tomorrow morning doing my snow dance dont think that I am trying to steal any snow from you all over there. LOL

6. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

well would love to send some over your way after we get ours looks like we will get some here in charles county hopefully the 4-8 that the national weather service says.

Steve :waving:

7. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

Hey mow me did you get your plow from ESI in Manasass.

8. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Dear Mother nature
    BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:realmad:

I am really to go. But I have a few last minutes residential contracts signings like I do every year.

BTW its is coming. I got a secret snow info system. :rolleyes:

9. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Ditto for me!! BRING IT ON!!!!!payup :bluebounc

10. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

I just got the call to show up at 7am and get a load of salt...
    We're in business. :bluebounc

11. MOW ME OVER

Potomac yes I did get it from ESI. They seem to be really nice to deal with. I actually bought a 8.5" straight blade from them last September and decided two days before the first plowable snow in January to upgrade to a 9' blade. I called and talked to Allen I think is the owners name and he said to unbolt the blade and they would swap it out for the $108. difference. I was somewhat surprised when he told me this without giving me any greef.

12. Potomac Lawns

Potomac Lawns Member

Mow me,
    I got my 8ft boss from them and they we great on the price and installation. latest update 7-10 inches from national weather service.

Steve :bluebounc :redbounce :waving:

13. MikePH

MikePH Junior Member

Mow me over & P.L.

Does ESI have a website? I am in Kensington. I have a bunch of residential drives and walks I clear with an Ariens 5520 and a beaner with a shovel.
    Cheers:D
    Mike

14. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Think we can watch the racial remarks? There are people of other races reading here.

15. MOW ME OVER

Well what are you Maryland guys getting on the streets over there. On this side of the pond we got about 2" in the grass and nothing but black wet streets. Sure was a bust and a waist of snow if you ask me, but I'm sure that the grocery stores loved it.

16. sawbones25

sawbones25 Member

About 4 inches on the grass right now. Roads were slushy until the temp dropped. All I did all day was drop salt. Haven't put the plow down yet...
    Will probably be going back out in a couple hours to do that, if needed...