1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow For Northeast In April!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by shoeman68, Feb 2, 2012.

1. shoeman68

shoeman68 Member

Copied this statement from a weather blog. Hope this gentleman is correct. Quote:

" I have been predicting the following for fifteen years. There will be a major snowstorm sometime between April 1 and April 7 of this year. Thiis is due to the fact that every 15 years since my birth, there has been a major snowstorm around or on my birthday (April 7). When I turned 15, there was a storm on my birthday; when I turned 30, there was on on April 6; when I turned 45, there was one on April 1. I am about to turn 60 and the storm will come."
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Perfect, cause my contracts end the 1st !!!!!!!!!
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Well the people of Boston know who to blame now!
  4. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

5. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Now I know who to thank!
  6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

good luck. Hope it works out
  7. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

I only remember the storm in 97, just bought a new F-350 and had no plow on it yet.As I pulled out of my street the snow was piling over the hood.Never seen that before or since.
  8. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Great news, we will all be back to green work by then, a nice big storm to mess up the spring schedule.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

April snow

That would be so cool to get a snowstorm in april a bookends to winter.Thumbs Up
    I strongly urge u to vote for a tulip crushing snow.

My honest opinion it sounds like alot of hype

SNOWANDICEMAN Senior Member

Could be an April fools joke.
  11. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Been there before with like 27.5" before it was all said and done...
  12. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

really I would rather not have that at all By that time we are just getting ready to mow and start mulching etc. That would put us way behind waiting for it to melt
  13. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Yes really,
    It started as rain ,quickly went to freezing rain ,sleet then snow..About an inch and a half of slime under all that snow...
    No one was ready,many where already digging...
    That was the first time I plowed in thunder snow ,4" per hour snow rates threw out the night......
    I was lucky to be in the Oshkosh,at times it was the only truck in our section of Rt128 moving...I was pulling wheelers with plows down the ramps,out of the median etc...Crazy storm...
  14. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Snow in late March and April are useless IMHO. Cant salt after plowing so all you do is the grunt work and miss out on the moneymaking.
  15. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

april 1st my birthday!

No joke.

16. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

We've had 2" this year in NJ :( but i dont want the snow april 7th, thats too late, although within some of our contracts... by april 1st, everythigns put away and all landscape is full bore... that would be a nightmare having to do all that work even for a 12" storm, let alone a 3-4" "possible" storm or some BS on a weekday around that time !
  17. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

I turn 18 on April 6th...talk about a birthday present
  18. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Let it, i'll be in Florida that week...
  19. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

It would be like the snow in Oct. It will melt by the next day.